Staff Software Engineer-Java
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Esurance is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join a
dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to
making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part
of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding
customer experience, you'll have the opportunity to expand your
skills and discover your potential. If you're looking for a career
at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits -
including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement - then you may
have just found your new home. Esurance combines the spunk of a
startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly
held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique,
energized, and exciting place to work. Esurance is looking for a
Principal Software Engineer with proven record of designing and
delivering complex reference platform architectures, system design
for multi-tier distributed applications. The Principal Software
Engineer must be technically strong in Java, design patterns, and
best practices while displaying firm leadership skills. Leadership
skills include coordinating with Software Engineers, QE, and
DevOps, while working with management to plan, schedule and deliver
high quality projects. Additionally, the candidate must show strong
communication among business and Engineering groups, like
facilitating cross-functional team efforts. Job Responsibilities:
- Day to day duties will include core programming, design, bug
fixing and code reviews.
- Research industry and academic leading-edge reference
architecture for distributed consensus, replication, consistency,
availability and scalability.
- Implements business projects on time and with high
- Follows standard development lifecycle.
- Produces artifacts using UML wherever possible.
- Writes and comments code to standards, implementing best
practices, and ensure others adhere to these standards.
- Analyzes requirements for completeness.
- Develops design documents based on business requirements.
- Works very well with team members of the engineering team and
product management on new features
- Reports status to Development Manager.Qualifications:
- Strong MS SQL Server 2008, No-SQL or MongoDB, Oracle or
- Strong expertise in Maven
- Familiarity with Eclipse, Subversion, TFS
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Struts, Springboot
Framework, Web Services, AJAX, Jquery, Jenkins,
- Familiarity with test driven development
- Familiarity with business rule engines (IBM ODM, Redhat BRMS,
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Strong understanding of software development process.
- Focus on teamwork; able to collaborate with Business and QE on
- Must be able to perform under tight timeframes & execute
problem-solving and algorithm skills.
- Able to work in a changing environment and perform multiple
tasks effectively and concurrently
- Good analysis and design skills, yet able to complete projects
and tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation: UML
experience strongly desired.Experience / Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or
equivalent education required, a Master's degree is
- 8+ years development experience in Java and Object Oriented
- 5+ years in J2EE environment using JBoss, WebSphere or
WebLogic, Springboot Microservices
- 6+ years XML, XSL, XML Beans
- 3+ years in Cloud Environments like PCF, AWS is
required.Esurance offers an exciting total rewards package to
- Benefits eligibility on day 1
- 401k + company matching
- 3 weeks paid parental leave following the birth, adoption or
foster placement of a child
- Tuition reimbursement & student loan repayment program
- Pet insurance discount
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- And much more!To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit
to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Keywords: Esurance, Sacramento , Staff Software Engineer-Java, IT / Software / Systems , Rocklin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!