HR - Benefits - Mgr - Employee Benefits
Company: Golden 1
Posted on: May 28, 2023
JOB TITLE: Manager Employee Benefits
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
JOB CODE: 6382
PAY SCALE: $115,300.00 - $130,000.00 Annually
Assists VP, Human Resources in the strategic planning, design and
implementation of all employee benefit programs. Manages and
overseas the effective administration of employee health and
welfare benefits, wellness, and leaves of absence administration
programs for Golden 1 Credit Union. Ensures compliance with Credit
Union policies and all external rules and regulations covering
areas of responsibility. Role is responsible for a team of benefits
and leave administration specialists and provides direction and
leadership to department staff. Proactively participates in
achieving organizational and departmental strategic goals and
objectives. Is part of the Human Resources Leadership team.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the administration of employee benefits programs such as
retirement plans; medical, dental, vision; life insurance plans;
temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Spearhead benefits coverage evaluation, negotiations with
brokers and vendors, benchmarking, and cost analysis as well as
policy and strategy implementation.
- Implement new plans and/or changes to existing plans by
preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other
media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee
meetings and arrange for enrollment.
- Manage annual open enrollment including preparation and
delivery of all communications.
- Enhance employee benefits communications and messages to ensure
benefits are understood and valued.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements by
maintaining a strict compliance schedule and continually assessing
the company's benefit plans and processes.
- Oversee preparation of reports, filings, and applications
required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Under the direction of the Corporate Retirement Committee lead
the 401(k) and 457(B) retirement administration meetings.
- Coordinate with the Wellness Coordinator potential suggestions
on reducing overall healthcare cost.
- Oversee carrier bill reconciliation.
- Provide a strong vendor management program with all outside
vendors to ensure quality and cost are reviewed on a regular
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team
member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and
growth, inspiring others through your words and actions, ensuring
positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our
mission, vision and core values.
- Perform other jobs as assigned by the Vice President-Human
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the pertinent
regulatory requirements and risks inherent to job responsibilities,
establish, and maintain control activities that mitigate those
risks consistent with the Credit Union's risk appetite, and ensure
operational integrity and compliance with applicable regulations.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
train and evaluate staff, interact with employees and outside
vendors, prepare recommendations, company-wide memoranda and
reports, make presentations and constructively follow up on
employee concerns and inquiries.
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
the HR information system, personal computer and other standard
office equipment, including a financial calculator, telephone and
copier. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: All levels of staff.
- EXTERNAL: Actuaries, trustees, legal counsel, plan
administrators, claims adjusters, benefit representatives and
vendors, brokers, vendors and peers in financial institutions.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent
work experience. SPHR, CPP and/or CEBS designation preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum seven years of experience in the areas of
health and welfare benefits administration, 401(k) administration
for a workforce of 1,000+ employees. A minimum of four years
management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to use independent judgment in regards to
benefit laws and regulations as well as company policies and
- Knowledge of HRIS/Benefit enrollment portal
- Solid analytical skills, critical thinking/judgment skills, and
attention to detail.
- Good general math skills and strong oral and written
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel,
at an intermediate to advanced level.
- Must be highly organized and a team player.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, adjust to shifting
priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits sense of urgency to tasks, where and when
- Ability to work well and partner with all levels of the
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communications. PHYSICAL
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Minimal local and statewide travel by car or public conveyance
to visit branches and other off-site locations as business needs
arise. Overnight and evening schedules included.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Ability to work long hours as required to accomplish tasks.
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP, CCP and/or CEBS preferred. REV.
- Job Family Manager
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Flex/Hybrid
Keywords: Golden 1, Sacramento , HR - Benefits - Mgr - Employee Benefits, Human Resources , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...