Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Company: 99 Cents Only Stores
Posted on: February 23, 2021
99 Cents Only Stores Career Opportunities Are you a true HR
Business Partner with excellent communication skills who is ready
to take on the people support needs for a large organization? This
is an opportunity to be a resource for employees, to set the tone
and shape a culture. If you are up to the task and excited about
the possibility, read on.
This HRBP role is based out of our Store Support Center in
Commerce, supporting the corporate employee base and distribution
centers. Performance, coaching, training, engagement, wellness, and
workplace excellence is the primary focus, and HR compliance,
benefits, and compensation are supported to a lesser degree.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers the performance evaluation program.
- Deliver and develop training material.
- Supports engagement efforts to cultivate a positive and
- Administers service award program.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of
department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to
continually improve efficiency of the department and services
- Navigate human resource information system records and compiles
reports from the database.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment
and benefits laws and regulations.
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as applicable to your
function within the organization.Supervisory Responsibility
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but, does
serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the
This job operates in a professional office and distribution
environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend
work may be required as job duties demand.
10% travel is expected for this position.
- A bachelor's degree and 3+ yrs of HR experience, or a master's
degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR
field, or 7+ years of experience in the HR field, or any similar
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to credibly consult with leadership on people related
- Ability to work and act autonomously.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to help create a great work
- Understanding of State and National employment laws.
- SHRM/PHR certification preferred..
- Bilingual English-Spanish is a plus, but not required. 99 Cents
Only Stores is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status. We reach out to
candidates via SMS/text messaging about future opportunities. By
applying to our openings you are agreeing to receive SMS/text
You have the ability to opt-out at any time. We do not sell or
share your personal information in ways other than what is
Keywords: 99 Cents Only Stores, Sacramento , Sr. Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!