Director of Nursing
Company: Advanced Home Health & Hospice
Posted on: May 19, 2019
"> Level ManagementJob Location Advanced Hospice - Sacramento,
CAEducation Level 4 Year DegreeJob Category Health CareDescription
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall direction of
Hospice clinical services. The Director of Nursing establishes,
implements and evaluates goals and objectives for Hospice services
that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to
the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient
services provided by clinical personnel.
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinical
Supervisors to assist them in continually improving all aspects of
Hospice care services, provided through organization personnel.
- Assist Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical
personnel as indicated.
- Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in the preparation
and administration of the organization's budget.
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and
increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels,
revenues or expenses.
- Evaluates performance of Clinical Supervisors.
- Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques
in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Hires, evaluates, and terminates organization personnel.
- Conducts annual evaluations on clinicians, or more frequently
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records,
statistics, reports and records to purposes of evaluation and
reporting of organization activities.
- Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance
with local, state and federal laws.
- Responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate
inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for
new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new
organization personnel, directly or delegated.
- Plans and implements in service and continuing education
programs to meet education and training needs of organization
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via
performance improvement, program, productivity, quarterly and
annual reviews. Assures for the quality and safe delivery of
Hospice services provided through the organization.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops,
recommends, and administers organization policies and
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
regarding license and certification of organization personnel and,
maintains compliance to the Joint Commission Home Care
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and
Hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization
- Promotes Hospice referrals in the health care community.
- In the absence of the Executive Director/Administrator, the
Director of Nursing will become the acting Executive
Director/Administrator and will be vested with authority to act on
behalf of the Executive Director/Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive
- Registered nurse with current license to practice professional
nursing in the state of California.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the
National League for Nursing. Master's degree in Hospice
- Three years of management experience in a Hospice or related
health care organization.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of business management, governmental regulations and
Joint Commission standards.
- Current Tuberculosis (TB) Test or Chest X-ray (Within the last
- Titers for: Varicella (Chickenpox), MMR (Measles, Mumps,
Rubella), and Hepatitis B. A titer is a blood test that checks your
immune status to vaccinations (immunizations) you may have received
in the past.
- Proof of Vaccination for Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria,
- Proof of Vaccination for Flu (Influenza)
- Proof of Physical exam. (Within the last six months)
Keywords: Advanced Home Health & Hospice, Sacramento , Director of Nursing, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!