Medical Social Worker / Associate Clinical Social Worker (full-time, days, FF) - Fairfield
Company: NorthBay Healthcare
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Medical Social Worker/Associate Clinical Social Worker (full-time, days, FF)
Full Time, FTE: 1
NorthBay Medical Center
The Medical Social Worker is an Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) who performs comprehensive psychosocial evaluations for patients who present to the hospital in medical crisis and/or psychiatric crisis. The Medical Social Worker has the authority to initiate or discontinue 5150 custodial holds within NorthBay Medical Center and VacaValley Emergency Rooms, and inpatient units. The Medical Social worker develops, implements and monitors an individualized care plan in collaboration with the healthcare team. Provides direct clinical social work service, crisis intervention, brief counseling, discharge planning, and case management services to the patient and the family. Ensures patients are transitioned to optimal level of care as quickly as possible.
1. Master of Social Work from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. Licensure and Certification:
1. California BBS Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW)
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
1. Minimum of two year's experience in mental health services.
2. Experience in acute medical setting, discharge planning and case management strongly preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: verbal, written and listening. Ability to convey instructions, directions and information appropriately and accurately. Ability to work diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
4. Strong critical thinking skills- must be capable of independent judgment, and have strong clinical decision-making skills. Ability to work independently with minimum direction.
5. Ability to organize a variety of concurrent activities, set realistic goals and objectives, plan ahead and meet deadlines without compromising quality.
6. Ability to direct the actions of others effectively in order to accomplish tasks and functions.
7. Knowledge and understanding of individual, child, and family development, human behavior and communication, the influence of culture and values in social work practice, psychotherapy, case management, and the relation between social work practice and medicine.
8. Knowledge of child, elder and dependent adult abuse and domestic violence reporting requirements and other significant legislation and laws regulating social work practice, e.g. Tarasoff, HIPAA, etc. Ability to make appropriate interventions based on law, professional ethics and policy.
9. Knowledge of suicidal behavior, the ability to assess lethality, and the ability to develop appropriate treatment plan. Knowledge of an ability to effectively use DSM V. Knowledge of legal requirements and guidelines for providing psychiatric services including the appropriate use of 5150.
10. Ability to successfully manage conflict.
11. Basic proficiency with word processing required. Experience with MIDAS Plus, Cerner, and Power Point preferred.
12. Knowledge of acute care, subacute care, long-term care, home care, hospice interventions, rehabilitation options, County mental health services, and other community resources and requirements- strongly preferred.
13. Ability to conceptualize clinical situations and demonstrate application of theory in case management and psychotherapeutic responsibilities. Other:
1. The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence.
2. Effective care-giving and advocacy skills for diverse clients - neonatal through geriatric - essential.
3. Ability to develop and maintain constructive, and collaborative relationships with members of the Emergency Department interdisciplinary team, external service providers, System managers, and department staff - often within the context of competing interests - essential.
4. Demonstrates the ability to be organized and efficient in prioritizing and managing assignments.
5. Demonstrates a courteous, professional demeanor and team spirit and the ability to work and contribute in a collaborative, effective manner. #northbay
Full-time, day shift
Keywords: NorthBay Healthcare, Sacramento , Medical Social Worker / Associate Clinical Social Worker (full-time, days, FF) - Fairfield, Healthcare , Fairfield, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!