RN - Birthing Center (Davis) (Part Time/Nights)
Company: Sutter Health System
Posted on: January 14, 2018
POSITION SUMMARYThe Registered Nurse in the Acute Care setting manages the patient/family experience through utilization of criticalthinking, teamwork, effective communication, and nursing judgment/knowledge/skills.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS Education/ Knowledge, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration: * Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BS preferred. * Current licensure California RN or Interim Permitee * BLS - Healthcare Provider required * NRP - Valid Neonatal Resuscitation certification required within 6 months from hire date. * Completion of Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within in 6 months of hire date. Knowledge: Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills and effective English written and communication skills. Experience: Acute care experience is preferred. A minimum of 6 months experience as an RN in Labor & Delivery preferred. Skills: Independently practices and prioritize multiple demands in a ever-changing environment. Good interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and teamwork skills is required. Unit specific:
- Basic knowledge of fetal monitoring, if assigned care of laboring patients.
- Completion of Advanced Fetal Monitoring class within in 6 months of hire date, if assigned care of laboring patients.
- After completion of Birthing Center Unit orientation, the RN must be able to:
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge of fetal monitoring, if assigned to laboring patients
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge of management of patient with PCA
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge of management of patient with an Epidural
- Demonstrate skill and knowledge of care of the neonate.
- Complete any other unit specific competencies as required.
- Demonstrate competency with emergency equipment specific to unit (i.e.: nursery emergency equipment, crash cart).
Primary Location: California, Greater Sacramento Area, Davis
Organization: Sutter Davis Hospital
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Night
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 24
Keywords: Sutter Health System, Sacramento, RN - Birthing Center (Davis) (Part Time/Nights), Healthcare, Davis, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!