Environmental Health & Safety Lead- Rolling Stock
Company: Siemens Mobility
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated
transportation of people and goods by rail - including rolling
stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft
and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock,
including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and
streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed
trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide
traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as
signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and
We are seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Lead at our
growing 2000+ employee Rolling Stock manufacturing facility in
Sacramento, CA. This manufacturing facility produces locomotives
and passenger rail cars used in numerous locations in the United
States and Canada.
What you will be doing:
The EHS Lead is responsible for handling safety, health, and
environmental compliance (OSHA, EPA, ISO 45001, ISO 14001, etc) as
well as associated programs and initiatives across factory
operations. This role will work closely with the leadership team
and is responsible for leading, as advised by the site EHS Manager,
the development, implementation, and coordination of EHS programs
and policies to ensure compliance and drive balanced EHS culture
improvement. This position has a direct impact on Business Unit
performance and must possess an in-depth knowledge of safety and
environmental regulations as well as strong interpersonal and
leadership skills. The candidate must possess the ability/ skills
to optimally communicate at all levels of the organization. The EHS
Professional will serve as a resource to the employees at the
location, and provide tools and support to site leadership to
achieve Siemens' EHS goals and objectives. This role will also be
responsible for co-leading the site's safety initiative(s) as well
as maintaining and improving EHS policies and programs.
- Coordinate with the factory's Leadership Team, Corporate
Resources, and EHS colleagues on EHS activities and
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve EHS goals and
- Conducting and running EHS incident investigations, including
incident tracking and recordkeeping requirements (internal and
- Performing/coordinating industrial hygiene surveys, ergonomic
evaluations, air monitoring, noise sampling
- Work in concert with the training department on relevant EHS
training programs, including but not limited to Personal Protective
Equipment, Emergency Response, Hazard Communication, etc; this may
include content development and training facilitation.
- Participating in audit activities (internal and external)
including identification of EHS issues and driving actions to
- Current knowledge of existing environmental and occupational
safety regulations including but not limited to FRA, RCRA, CWA,
SWPPP, SPCC, CAL-OSHA, NFPA 70E, ANSI, etc.
- Supervising environmental-related Federal, State, and Local
regulatory changes known to or that may impact operations.
- Working with regulatory agencies, employees, and outside legal
counsel on behalf of the business when required: coordinating
business response and/or comments to regulatory changes.
- Ensuring compliance with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 standards
What you will need to be successful:
- 4-year degree (BS) in Safety, Environmental, or other relevant
- Ten (10) plus years of EHS experience in an industrial
manufacturing environment (i.e. overhead crane operation, high
voltage equipment testing, ergonomic assessments, etc.).
- Experience with ISO 45001:2018 OSHMS & 14001:2015 EMS
- Proven understanding of environmental regulations (RCRA, DOT,
- Experience handling/leading occupational safety & health
programs (injury reduction, trending, etc.)
- Proven experience working on cross-functional teams as well as
leading EHS projects (project management experience)
- Individuals must be self-directed with the ability to work with
- Must have strong verbal and written skills.
- Use of MS Office programs including Outlook, word, excel, and
- Preferred qualifications include OHST, ASP, CSP, CHMM
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance- Health, Dental, Vision
Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems - Be part of
exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
passionate about access to education, access to technology,
sustaining communities, and positively impacting the
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid
for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement
program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and
generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused - Just named on the Forbes
2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
- Siemens is proud to have been named Fast Company 's Best
Workplaces for Innovators
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only
candidates under consideration will be contacted.
*This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of
health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our
benefits can be found here:
https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html . The base
salary range in Sacramento, CA, is $105,600 - $142,400 with an
annual incentive target of 10% of the base salary. The salary may
be higher or lower depending on the budget and the candidate's
experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices
about their personal information. To learn more, click here .
Keywords: Siemens Mobility, Sacramento , Environmental Health & Safety Lead- Rolling Stock, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!