Posted on: May 24, 2023
The Licensed Psychiatric Technician, under the direction of and
in collaboration with a Registered Nurse, provides nursing care,
milieu management including appropriate administration of medical
treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician.
Six months experience working in an acute mental health treatment
setting within the past four years. Current Psychiatric Technician
license by the state of California. -Essential
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with all
patients. Communicate with patient via phone, secure message,
video, letter and document appropriately.
- Administers medication and treatments to patients. Perform
vitals and follow escalation pathway as needed.
- Attends, participates in, and facilitates classes/workshops as
- Coordinates end of episode of care/After Visit summary under
the direction of the care team consider.
- Completes appropriate documentation as assigned. Conduct chart
review, identify and assemble relevant information to transmit a
- Document physician orders accurately and in a timely
- Participates as a team member in all unit activities, reports
observations, documents observations, and asks appropriate
questions when clarification are necessary.
- Implements patient treatment plans in coordination with the
- Keeps the treating clinicians and care team informed of patient
behavior and changes in patient condition. Notifies treating
clinicians and care team in regard to patients who are clinical
- Acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and positive
attitude in problem solving.
- Ensures that supplies and medications necessary for patient
care are ordered and available.
- Observes, records and reports patients' social, medical and
- Participates in daily data acquisition processes by collecting
and documenting data as clinically indicated.
- Promotes and assists patients in developing self-help
- Perform other related duties as necessary. - -Grade: 540Basic
- Minimum six (6) months of -experience working in an acute
mental health treatment setting within the past four years.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have
this experience requirement waived.Education
- Graduate of an accredited Psychiatric Technician Program, or
otherwise qualified for California licensure as a Psychiatric
Technician. License, Certification, Registration
- Current Psychiatric Technician license by the state of
- BLS required.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of
mental health services in the State of California.
- Willingness to develop / enhance competencies in managing the
milieu in a PHF.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents
of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership
environment. Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its
- Competency in data collection and documentation of data
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- N/APrimaryLocation : California,Sacramento,S. Sacramento
Wyndham Medical OfficesHoursPerWeek : 40Shift : DayWorkdays : Mon,
Tue, Wed, Thu, FriWorkingHoursStart : 09:30 AMWorkingHoursEnd :
06:00 PMJob Schedule : Full-timeJob Type : StandardEmployee Status
: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation : A01-SEIU-United
HealthworkersJob Level : Individual ContributorJob Category :
Behavioral Health, Social Services & Spiritual CareDepartment : So
Sacramento Hospital North - Mental Health/Psychiatry - 0206Travel :
Yes, 10 % of the TimeKaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual
orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic
information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and
inclusion, or any other protected status.
Keywords: Kaiser, Sacramento , Psychiatric Technician, Healthcare , Wilton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...