Home Health Nurse II (CWOCN Required)
Location: Birds Landing
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Provides age-appropriate skilled nursing care to patients in their
place of residence in accordance with agency policy and procedure
and state and federal regulations. Teaches the patient/family
disease process and self-care needs. Monitors physiological state
to determine an appropriate level of safety and comfort. Provides
services requiring nursing skills in accordance with the plan of
care. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case
management. Performs duties consistent with the nursing practice
act that includes the standards of competent performance including
Title 16, Chapter 14, Section 144.3 of the California Code of
- Provision of Care
- Provides the initial all system nursing assessment prior to the
provision of care.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions including
obtaining written physician orders for changes.
- Provides care and services in accordance with the plan of
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic
manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family
education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Provides ongoing periodic all system assessment of the patient
and the patient's equipment needs.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedure
- Initiates timely discharges based on goals.
- Educates and instructs the patient, patient's family or other
staff as required.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Supervises and teaches LVN's and HHA's as required for patient
- Provides nursing care through all phases of care taking into
consideration age and developmental needs.
- Documentation and Communication
- Documents all care, interventions and care coordination per
law, regulation and agency policy.
- Notifies the patient's attending MD, Podiatrist and other
professional persons and responsible staff of significant changes
in the patient's condition in a timely manner.
- Assists in coordinating all services provided.
- Consults with other health professionals when needed.
- Planning, Organizing and Productivity
- Effectively plans and organizes work assignment, manages and
sets competitive priorities, and completes work assignments with a
minimum of direct supervision per agency policy and within
established time frames.
- Adheres to the services policy and principles of the Kaiser
Permanente Medical Care Program.
- Supervises Home Health aides and LVNs according to law,
regulation and agency policy.
- Professional Behavior
- Behaves in a courteous professional manner with patients,
health professionals and maintain patient confidentiality.
- Acts as a patient advocate in utilizing Medicare, MediCal,
Health Plan and community resources.
- Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance activities and
Utilization Review activities as requested.
- Selects and attends education programs to keep current in area
- Utilizes new knowledge and skills.
- Participates in in-service programs.
- Annually prepares realistic professional goals and reviews
their progress with Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- The job has no supervisory responsibilities. Basic
- Minimum two (2) years applicable registered nurse experience
within the last five (5) years, as determined by the Employer, of
which at least six (6) months must be home health experience within
a hospital-based or community based home health agency. Education
- High School Diploma/GED.Graduate from an approved school of
professional nursing (AA, Diploma, or BSN) License, Certification,
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Driver's License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Knowledge of the nursing process
- Commitment to Service Orientation
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in
- Good interpersonal skills
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the
appropriate collective bargaining agreement. Preferred
- Computer literate preferred
- Experience in automated clinical information systems
- Oncology, hospice or care of terminally ill experience
preferred if working within the Hospice Department.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Sacramento , Home Health Nurse II (CWOCN Required), Healthcare , Birds Landing, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...