Speech-Language Pathologist (Home Health)
Company: ProHealth Homecare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Currently hiring for a Home Health Speech Therapist for
- Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
- Prohealth has 4 office locations servicing the Santa Clara,
Contra Costa, Alameda, San Joaquin, and Sacramento area.
Prohealth Home Care is seeking an empathetic Home Health Speech
Therapist (ST) who will aim to make a positive difference in our
community. Our focus is to provide skilled and dignified care in
the comforts of their home while providing emotional support to our
patients and their families.
About the Company
Prohealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care
agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties in Northern
California. We maintain an average daily census of over 1800
patients. Being an industry leader for over 15 years, we pride
ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to
our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized
care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy,
speech therapy, and even registered dietitian.
For more information visit our website
(http://www.prohealthhomecare.com) or to join our family oriented
team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call
or email (hr@prohealthhomecare . com)
Home Health Speech Therapist Benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Vision and Dental)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Educational Assistance (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Leadership Development
- Generous Paid vacation, Sick time and Holiday pay
- Referral bonus
- Performance bonus
Home Health Speech Therapist Job Description Summary
The speech-language pathologist is responsible for implementation
of standards of care for speech language pathology services and for
adherence to all conditions in the Service Agreement
Home Health Speech Therapist Job Responsibilities:
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as
appropriate), identifies equipment needs relative to
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of
care to improve the patient's function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized
therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physicians and other organization
personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes
to the total plan of care.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services
and other meetings required to
- ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology
practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other
services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization
health care personnel in the
- patient's treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related
to the speech language
- therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of
speech language pathology services
Home Health Speech Therapist Qualifications:
- Possesses a master's or doctoral degree in speech-language
pathology (SLP), and who meets either of the following
- Is licensed as a speech language pathologist by the State in
which the individual furnishes such service; or
- If the State does not license speech-language pathologists:
- Must successfully completed 350 clock hours of supervised
clinical practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such
supervised clinical experience);
- Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time SLP
services after obtaining a master's or doctoral degree in SLP or a
related field; and
- Successfully completed an approved national examination in
- A minimum of one year's clinical experience in Speech-Language
- Current BLS/CPR certification
- Valid CA Driver's license
Apply Today!!FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or Part-Time
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: ProHealth Homecare, Sacramento , Speech-Language Pathologist (Home Health), Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!