Cardiac Sonographer I, II or III
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Organization:SMCS-Sutter Med Center - SacramentoPosition
Overview: -Competently performs diagnostic cardiac sonography
procedures to assess cardiac structures and hemodynamics in
accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with
the policies, values and mission of the organization. Responsible
for all commonly performed echocardiography procedures in the
department with a high level of competence.
In addition to those performed by the Level I performs:
- Transesophageal echocardiograms with or without three dimensional
- Intra operative transesophageal echocardiograms
- Structural Heart Procedures in the cardiac Cath lab
- complex congenital pediatric echocardiograms
May also be responsible for performing specific procedures and/or
orient other staff to the departmentJob Description:EDUCATION
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Other: Graduate from an accredited Cardiac Sonography
Program.CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
Level I or II:
- RCS (CCI)-Registered Cardiac Sonographer OR ARDMS (RDCS AE for
adult or RDCS PE for pediatric)
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderLevel III
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
---2 of the following:
- RCS (CCI)-Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- ACS (CCI) - Advanced Cardiac Sonographer
- ARDMS - RDCS(AE) - Adult
- ARDMS - RDCS(PE) - Pediatric
- ARDMS - RDCS(FE) - Fetal
- ARDMS - RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- Level I - No experience required.
- Level II - Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Level III - Minimum of 5 years of experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (will vary by level)
- Intermediate knowledge of diagnostic cardiac sonography
principles, procedures, and views as well as the operation and
maintenance of imaging equipment, including some experience
responding to traumas and various hospital emergencies.
- Proficient in performing cardiac sonographic examinations with
a solid understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, and
medical terminology so as to recognize, prioritize and communicate
suspicious or abnormal results.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Well-developed time management and organizational skills,
including the ability to prioritize assignments and work within
standardized operating procedures and scientific methods to achieve
objectives and meet deadline
- Working knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook) and related information
systems (Radiology (RIS), laboratory (LIS), electronic health
records (EHR), EPIC, and picture archive and communication system
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
- Work independently, as well as be part of the team, including
accomplishing multiple tasks in an environment with
- Identify, evaluate and resolve standard problems by selecting
appropriate solutions from established options.
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's PHI.
- Build collaborate relationships with peers and other healthcare
providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.Level I
- Pay Range: $55.95 - $69.94Level II - Pay Range: $58.75 -
$73.43Level III - Pay Range: $61.69 - $77.11The salary range for
this role may vary above or below the posted range as determined by
location. This range has not been adjusted for any specific
geographic differential applicable by area where the position may
be filled. Compensation takes into account several factors
including but not limited to a candidate's experience, education,
skills, licensure and certifications, department equity, training
and organizational needs. Base pay is just one piece of the total
rewards program offered by Sutter Health. Eligible roles also
qualify for a comprehensive benefits package. Job
Shift:VariedSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:12Days of the
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Days
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Cardiac Sonographer I, II or III, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!