Home Health Aide
Location: Fair Oaks
Posted on: November 26, 2022
* Same-day pay option available *Eskaton is a nonprofit senior
services provider serving Northern California's older adults for
over 50 years. With over 2,000 employees and 36+ properties in
Northern California, Eskaton is a great company to join and build a
solid career with.Certified in 2022 as "A Great Place to Work,"
Eskaton genuinely cares about the financial security, health and
well-being of their staff members. In addition to competitive pay
and comprehensive benefits that include a company-funded retirement
program, Eskaton employees appreciate knowing their work makes a
real difference in the community and in the lives they
touch.Position Summary:Under the supervision of a licensed nurse,
the Certified Home Health Aide provides services in accordance with
the plan of care. Such services include personal care, meal
preparation, light housekeeping duties, transportation, errands,
and other assigned tasks to the patient at home.Position
- Assists clients with personal hygiene such as skin, mouth, hair
care and bathing.
- Assists clients in and out of bed and with ambulation.
- Assists clients in dressing when needed and demonstrates
concern for individual privacy.
- Promotes independence in client care as appropriate and
demonstrates awareness and safety for both client and self in
provision of care.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and
respiration as requested.
- Assists client with prescribed exercises. Patient and HHA have
been taught by appropriate health personnel how to perform
- Performs household services which will facilitate the client's
self-care at home and are necessary to prevent or postpone
- Follows instructions on plan of care when providing care and
uses equipment according to directions, literature, or operating
- Demonstrates meal preparation skills with adequate knowledge of
common specialized diets (diabetic, low sodium, low cholesterol,
etc.) and cleans client area after providing care.
- Provides safe transportation of client to and from
- Provides shopping and assistance for errand in an orderly and
effective manner.QualificationsEducation:High school graduate or
G.E.D. Possession of a valid Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing
Assistant Certificate issued by the State of California. Current
Adult CPR certificate.Training and Experience:At least six months
of supervised experience in providing personal care to homebound
patients preferred.Job Knowledge:Knowledge in performing personal
care services in the home environment. Possesses the ability to
meet new and/or stressful situations with appropriate responses, to
work effectively as part of a home health team, to share
information freely, to use and seek supervision and consultation
verbally and in writing, and is able to follow both verbal and
written instructions.The final candidate must successfully pass
Eskaton's post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a
criminal background check, drug test, COVID test, TB screen test
and health screen.Eskaton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected
Keywords: Eskaton, Sacramento , Home Health Aide, Healthcare , Fair Oaks, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!