Behavioral Health Technician
Company: Fair Oaks Recovery Center
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Are you looking to male a REAL difference in the lives of your
Fair Oaks Recovery Center provides kind, compassionate, and
evidence-based services for men and women suffering from substance
abuse as well as co-occurring mental health disorders such as
anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, or PTSD.
We are seeking a talented and compassionate BHT to help us with our
mission to serve others. Our facility can provide an opportunity
for you to improve lives and continue your professional
*Job Summary: *
The BHT works under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse and
is responsible for monitoring and reporting patient behaviors and
assisting in daily care, crisis situations, and medical emergencies
as needed as an integral part of the multidisciplinary team.
*Why Fair Oaks?*
o Challenging and rewarding work
o Career development opportunities
o Supportive and responsive leadership
*Duties and Responsibilities: *
* Workday is spent observing, encouraging, and recording the
patient's involvement in activities of daily living, individualized
gains towards prescribed interventions and psychosocial
* Actively participates in unit therapeutic activities according to
* Maintains a constant awareness and supervision of patients
including attending gym/yard activities,
crafts/art/group/recreation therapies and out trips as
* Due to the high visibility and significant patient interaction,
this position is frequently the first responder to a variety of
patient situations i.e. codes, behavioral outbursts, attempts to
introduce contraband, and medical issues
* Serves as a positive role model for patients and peers, providing
examples of appropriate behaviors, effective communication, and
conflict resolution; Encourages open, honest communication to
facilitate problems solving on the unit.
* Charts in patient records as appropriate and/or assigned;
Individual is self-motivating and assists with all unit
* Initiates patient/employee incident reports.
* Provides a verbal report/briefing to the oncoming shift.
* Follows infection control/prevention policies and assists with
infection control/prevention rounds as assigned.
* Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
* Follows company policies and procedures including personnel,
nursing, and administrative policies. Maintains patient
confidentiality at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
An accredited high school diploma or equivalent. Undergraduate
students encouraged to apply. Preference is given to those with a
degree or considerable coursework in the behavioral sciences or
closely related field, and/or professional work experience in a
psychiatric hospital or residential treatment center. Ability to
work flexible hours. Able to meet all physical demands.
Fair Oaks Recovery Center offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a
competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume. Fair Oaks
is an EOE.
Per California Health Care Worker Vaccine Requirements, all
employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be approved
for a valid religious or medical exemption. Anyone hired by the
company must provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before they
can begin employment or request and be approved for a valid
religious or medical exemption. Unvaccinated employees on an
approved exemption must wear a respirator mask at all times while
in the facility.
Fair Oaks Recovery Center also requires employees to have received
their influenza (flu) vaccine during October-March or be approved
for a valid religious or medical exemption.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Addiction Medicine
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Sacramento, CA 95825: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Are you interested in full time, part time, or PRN?
* Why are you interested in this position?
* Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Fair Oaks Recovery Center, Sacramento , Behavioral Health Technician, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!