Palliative Care Nurse
Company: ProHealth Home Care Inc
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Currently hiring for a Palliative Care Registered Nurse for
Sacramento County, Placer , CA with multiple openings.
We are looking for high quality, full-time & part-time Palliative
Care Nurse to join the premier home health care team!
Flexible Schedule - schedule your own visits
About the Company
Prohealth is a locally owned Home Health, Hospice & Palliative Care
agency with 4 locations serving over 12 counties in Northern
California. We maintain an average daily census of over 1800
patients. Being an industry leader for over 15 years, we pride
ourselves in providing exceptional clinical care with compassion to
our patients. Our patient focused care model provides personalized
care, ranging from nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy,
speech therapy, and even registered dietitian.
For more information visit our website
(http://www.prohealthhomecare.com) or to join our family oriented
team with excellent growth opportunities & career advancement, call
or email (hr@prohealthhomecare . com)
Reports To: Clinical Supervisor
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs palliative care
and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health
education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the
resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the
needs of individual and families within their homes and
communities. The registered nurse will act as Case Manager/Care
Coordinator for palliative care patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
Completes a comprehensive initial and ongoing assessments of
patient and family to determine palliative care needs. Provides a
complete physical assessment and history of current and previous
2. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
3. Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
A. Writing and initiating plan of care
B. Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
Participating in revising the plan of care in collaboration with
the interdisciplinary team as necessary
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the ordering physician or Palliative Nurse Practitioner.
7. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
Provides information and education about advance care planning to
the patient and family as appropriate.
9. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
10. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
11. Acts as Case Manager/Care Coordinator as assigned by Clinical
Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care
for assigned caseload.
1. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate
Communicates with the physician and interdisciplinary team
regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's
condition; obtains/receives orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate
the care plan. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver regarding
disease process(es), self-care techniques and processes for
addressing ethical issues, as appropriate. Provides medication,
diet and other instructions and recognizes and utilizes
opportunities for health counseling with patients and
families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary
5. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
6. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members
in providing continuity of care.
7. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Palliative
Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional and spiritual
needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
8. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items and services are available.
3. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities
4. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and
maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance and participation in continuing education and in
5. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case
6. Actively participates in quality assessment performance
improvement teams and activities.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional
nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of
3. Maintains a current CPR certification as required by
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state or
organization requirements and is in good working order.
5. Minimum of two years' experience, at least one of which is in
the area of public health, home care, palliative care or hospice
nursing; has training in palliative care and/or hospice care or
has, or is eligible for, palliative care certification.
6. Pediatrics: Must have experience and/or training in the
developmental stages and needs of infants, children and
7. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
8. Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising
home care aides.
9. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and
written communications; nursing skills per competency
10. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload
11. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift,
position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and
equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling,
and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time and/or Part-TimeLOCATION:
Sacramento/ Placer, CAEOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: ProHealth Home Care Inc, Sacramento , Palliative Care Nurse, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!