Registered Nurse, Emergency Fulfillment Center Float
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Organization:SMCS-Sutter Med Center - SacramentoPosition
Overview: -The Sutter Health Fulfillment Center was designed to
provide a flexible workforce of experienced Sutter Health nurses to
help meet our short and long-term nursing staffing shortages. The
Fulfillment Center initially will provide Registered Nurse staffing
in four key areas (Medical/Telemetry, Intensive Care, Emergency and
Labor & Delivery) with the option later of adding coverage for
other ancillary and support services, especially in areas that use
substantial contracted labor.
This new, flexible workforce will operate from a centralized
location with five hubs positioned throughout our geographic
footprint to support our hospital staff as they provide care and
support for patients across Northern California.
This position will float within our Medical/Telemetry areas between
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento and Sutter Davis Hospital.
Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and
evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care,
patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute
patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all
patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates
a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural,
spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains
collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support
group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely
and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry
standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to
promote an optimal patient experience.Job Description:EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.CERTIFICATION &
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare ProviderDEPARTMENT REQUIRED
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred
- PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred
- NIHSS- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale
- 2 years nursing experience or successful completion of a Sutter
Health Nursing Residency ProgramSKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to
nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology;
anatomy; and physiology.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution
policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and
changes in local/state/federal regulations.
- Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain
sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse
audiences, including non-medical people.
- Time management and organizational skills, including the
ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within
standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve
objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft
Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
- Work independently as well as be part of the team, while
accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing
- Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and
families in a variety of stressful situations.
- Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and
solve routine or complex problems
- Ensure the privacy of each patient's protected health
- Build collaborative relationships with peers and other
healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate
- Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies,
procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet
deadlines.Job Shift:NightsSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:12Days of
the Week:VariableWeekend Requirements:Rotating
WeekendsBenefits:YesUnions:NoPosition Status: Non-ExemptWeekly
Hours:36Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:4This position
may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport,
dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or
potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational
Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Registered Nurse, Emergency Fulfillment Center Float, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!