Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter
Health!Organization:SMCS-Sutter Med Center - SacramentoPosition
Overview:Under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, the
Physical Therapist is responsible for the delivery of appropriate,
adequate, effective, efficient direct patient care services
assigned by the Primary Care Clinician and approved by the Clinical
Manager. Responsibilities include implementation of the physician
plan of care, obtaining physician orders, supervision of home
health aides, and coordination of care within an interdisciplinary
team and participating in effective utilization management and
control of patient supplies. Consistently provides care based on
the age-related needs of the unique population with consideration
of their development/psychosocial needs, environmental safety,
educational needs, communication style, and level of understanding.
The Physical Therapist is accountable to the Primary Care Clinician
for ensuring that the plan of care is implemented following
professional standards of care and agency specific protocols. The
Physical Therapist is directly accountable to the Clinical Manager,
and will receive functional guidance from the Primary Care
Clinician. The Physical Therapist may give clinical guidance to
PTAs, HHA and other clinical staff as appropriate.Job
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in lieu of the required
degree or diploma.
- Bachelor's: Graduate from an accredited physical therapy
- Master's: Masters in Physical TherapyCERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- PT-Physical Therapist
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- CCS Paneled Provider EligibilityPREFERRED EXPERIENCE AS
TYPICALLY ACQUIRED IN:
- One year of professional experience in an acute or similar
outpatient setting required.
- Direct patient care experience within the past five years
- Experience in assessment of the pediatric and/or neonatal
population is required.
- Experience in Standardized Testing is preferred.SKILLS AND
- Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills: with
legible handwriting for documentation of patient records in a clear
and concise manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pediatrics and
infant/child/adolescent development; with knowledge of the unique
concerns and developmental issues of the premature infant.
- Knowledge of community health resources and managed care.
- Basic understanding of home care services, clinical standards
of care and practice, Title XXII, Medicare Conditions of
Participation, CHAP home health accreditation requirements, QI
outcomes/benchmarking, infection control;
- Good understanding of reimbursement patterns for Medicare and
other payors; good working understanding of budget and other
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative, motivation,
flexibility, energy and creativity.
- Ability to form harmonious working relationships with internal
and external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills and the ability
to manage resources for patient care in a cost effective
- Excellent collaborative and problem solving skills with
customers and management.
- Ability to exercise independent sound judgment in planning and
providing patient care.
- Demonstrated ability in physical, psychosocial, and
environmental assessment skills and in implementing plan of
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be able to meet company
productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among
others, respectively direct and reinforce staff efforts;
effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically
to both effectively plan and organize department operations
consistent with Sutter Care at Homes strategic and operating
objectives and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise
or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with
time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate
self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and
- At orientation and annually thereafter, must be able to meet
Sutter Care at Home core competencies for position and area of
specialty, as appropriate.
- Must have reliable
transportation.License/Certifications:AUTO-Automobile Insurance -
N/A, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart
Association, DL-California Drivers Class C - State Department of
Motor Vehicles, PT-Physical Therapist of California - California
Department of Consumer AffairsEducation:Bachelor's (Required)Job
Shift:DaysSchedule:Part TimeShift Hours:8Days of the Week:Friday,
Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:24Employee Status:RegularNumber of
Openings:1Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Daysby
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Courtland, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!