Caregiver - (In Home Support Staff) - Entry Level
Company: A Bright Future, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionCOVID19 VACCINE MANDATE: PER DDS - ALL STAFF MUST
BE FULLY VACCINATED BY NOVEMBER 30TH 2021Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 [up
to 40 hours/week; no overtime].ABOUT THE COMPANY: At A Bright
Future, Inc. we strive each day to ensure that our company's goals,
values, and beliefs is to provide top notch service to our clients
as well as our employees. We believe that everyone should be
treated with respect. We provide consistent leadership and
on-the-job training to assist our employees with personal and
career growth and development. We also encourage all managers and
supervisors to involve employees at all levels in creative
problem-solving methods. We have found that this interaction and
discussion and encourages ideas to improve the workplace and
increases productivity. A Bright Future, Inc. delivers competitive
and outstanding service to our participants and partner with
vendors align with our Company's goals and values. We all share a
"Let's find the solution!" team attitude to ensure continued growth
and prosperity.Description: Community Living Instructors provide
necessary instruction to participants as well as to assist them
with maintaining their independence and safety in the
community.Responsible to: Program Supervisor and Program
DirectorJob Type: Full timeQualifications:
- 0-1 years of experience working with intellectually disabled
adults, prefer ILS experience, or special education teaching
- An appropriate combination of experience and education may be
substituted for some part of the qualifications.
- Some evidence of competency in training areas we teach.
- Reliable and safe transportation and auto
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- CPR and First Aid training, or willingness to be trained within
30 days of employment.
- TB clearance within 30 days of employment.
- Department of Justice fingerprint clearance (prior to
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screening (prior
- IHSS provider certification in the county(s) of placement
within 30 days of employment.
- Prefer behavioral training, knowledge of Regional Center System
servicing developmentally disabled.
- Referrals from previous employment necessary.
- Willingness to update any and all personnel certifications,
clearances, and reports as required by agency policy or
licensing/Regional Center Requirements. Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
required to talk and hear; regularly required to sit, stand, walk,
use hands and fingers, and reach within arm's length; lift and move
objects weighing up to 40 pounds; possess visual acuity; and
possibly drive during their assigned work shift. Duties:
- Implement program curricula.
- Directly deliver individual and group learning experiences to
assist each participant served in obtaining his/her IPP objective
for which A Bright Future is responsible.
- Maintain data regarding participant progress.
- Maintain data regarding participant progress.
- Participate in participant assessment, planning and evaluation
- Prepare teaching material for Independent Living Skills
Training and Support Service sessions.
- Schedule participant session time and programming according to
their Individual Service Plan and the Training domains.
- See Individual participants in their home to train, teach and
provide support in: money management, nutrition, cooking,
comparison shopping, emergency procedures, community education,
medical procedures, counseling and crisis intervention, and
- Provided training in rations determined by current
vendorization, and in accordance with the least restrictive
environment philosophy (1:1 staff; client ratio, unless otherwise
- Coordinate participant training programs with other programs
with which they are involved.
- Report suspected abuse immediately to supervisor, case manager
and other appropriate agencies as instructed. Complete special
incident report within 24 hours.
- Keep participant files up to date at the home of the
- Assist participant in coordinating with other programs,
services and benefit systems, such as Social Security, AFDC, WIC,
Food Stamps, counseling, Planned Parenthood, etc.
- Understand and convey, in your interactions with your
participants and other agencies, the participant-centered
philosophy of A Bright Future.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, and monthly individual meetings
- Other duties as assigned.What we offer:
- Paid comprehensive initial and ongoing training program of 40
hours consisting of classroom training, online training and job
- Paid Sick/Leave Time
- Annual performance reviews with potential wage increases
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance for qualifying
full-time employees who work at least 30 hours per week
- 401k (eligibility begins after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive training including in-field observations,
coaching, and ongoing monthly training.
- Excellent opportunities for professional growth and competitive
- Mileage reimbursement and paid drive time.
- Paid time off.
- Regular social events, sporting events and company-sponsored
volunteer activitiesPowered by JazzHRjdWWlwmf8o
Keywords: A Bright Future, Inc., Sacramento , Caregiver - (In Home Support Staff) - Entry Level, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!