Registered Dental Hygienist
Company: Sacramento Native American Health Center Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Community Health Center seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to
provide oral hygiene and preventative services and assist the team
to ensure the dental clinic runs efficiently and patient receive
excellent care. If you are passionate about healthcare and want to
be part of a growing health center committed to enhancing quality
of life by providing a culturally competent, holistic, and
patient-centered continuum of care, we invite you to apply and
become part of our team.
- Takes blood pressure and records in patient chart.
- Assists in insuring patient comfort and alleviating patient
- Prepares operatory for patient reception and adhere to Cal/OSHA
infection Control Standard protocols.
- Obtains materials and other necessary diagnostic and treatment
items necessary for planned procedure.
- Prepares pre-set trays for anticipated procedure and ensures
the work area is organized for that procedure.
- Autoclaves all instruments for next day.
- Prepares treatment room for patient by adhering to prescribed
procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental hygiene treatment by welcoming,
soothing, seating, and draping patient.
- Maintains instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by
sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting instruments.
- Selects materials and equipment for dental hygiene visit by
evaluating patient's oral health.
- Completes dental prophylaxis by cleaning deposits and stains
from teeth and from beneath gum margins.
- Detects disease by completing oral cancer screening; feeling
and visually examining gums; using probes to locate periodontal
disease and to assess levels of recession; exposing and developing
- Arrests dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity-
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by
fabricating temporary restorations, cleaning and polishing
removable appliances, placing and polishing sealants and removing
cement from crowns and bridges.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by
maintaining CPR certification, emergency drugs, oxygen supply, and
directory of emergency numbers.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene and plaque control
instructions and postoperative instructions, providing reminders
for next dental hygiene visit.
- Counsels patients on nutrition as related to oral hygiene.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing regular
maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions,
troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, maintaining
equipment inventories and evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,
establishing personal networks and participating in professional
dental Hygiene societies.
- Prepares patients requiring anesthesia to assist dentists when
- Retracts oral tissues to increase visual access into the oral
- Removes excess saliva and watches mouth by using hi-vac systems
- Documents dental hygiene services as well as charting in
- Perform all opening, closing and maintenance procedures as
described in sterilization and maintenance policies.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations and patient
- Works towards the integration of appropriate dental hygiene
care with other health care professionals involved in the patients
health care management.
- Receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with
professional matters, clinical business, and patient care as
related to the practice.
- Compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as
they pertain to position including; HIPAA, sexual harassment, Scope
of Practice, OSHA etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current California Registered Dental Hygienist License is
- At least 2 years of experience in a community clinic
- Ability to chart visits comprehensively and complete E&M
coding in compliance with dental coding standards.
- Must possess dental x-ray and coronal polish license.
- Knowledge of preventative dentistry for plaque control
- Ability to work well under pressure, reach sound conclusions
and make appropriate recommendations.
- Computer experience, preferably with Windows, including
Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Experience in a community dental clinic setting is
- Knowledge of traditional, cultural, and spiritual practices of
the diverse AI/AN community, as well as ability to work with other
racially, culturally ethnically, and financially diverse
- Experience with electronic health record system.
- Experience with Nextgen is preferred.
- Supportive and creative work environment.
- Medical coverage offered with two of the region's highest
- 403B plan with a 3% match after 90 days.
- 12 paid days off.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in
accordance with SNAHC policy. Applicants claiming Indian Preference
are encouraged to submit verification of Indian certified by tribe
of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian
EQUALOPPORTUNITYEMPLOYER:Within the scope of Indian Preference, all
candidates will receive equal consideration without regard to race,
color, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
medical condition or physical or mental disability, genetic
characteristic, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or other
AgeDiscriminationin Employment Act (ADEA): Sacramento Native
American Health Center, Inc. abides by the mandates of the ADEA
(protecting individuals 40 years and older) and considers age a
non- merit factor in all employment decisions and
AmericanswithDisabilitiesAct(ADA):SacramentoNative American Health
Center, Inc. abides by the mandates of the ADA and considers
disability a non-merit factor in all employment decisions and
considerations. Furthermore, SNAHC will make any practical,
feasible, and reasonable arrangements to accommodate qualified
applicants and employees with disabilities.
Applicants and employees may request an accommodation of a physical
or mental disability at any time in the application process or
As a condition of employment, all Sacramento Native American Health
Center employees agree to a Covid-19 vaccination except where
otherwise prohibited or where other legal exemption by law is
allowed. If offered a position, will you agree to fully comply with
the policy to secure employment?*by Jobble
Keywords: Sacramento Native American Health Center Inc., Sacramento , Registered Dental Hygienist, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!