Residential Therapist for Youth Clients
Company: Summitview Child & Family Services, INC.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summitview Child & Family Services, INC. provides residential
treatment services for at-risk youth ages 6-19 who are living with
the affects of trauma. Our program is inclusive of LGBTQ youth and
non-minor dependents, with one home specializing in treatment for
youth who have been commercially or sexually exploited and
trafficked.We could not do the work we do without our staff and we
know that. We offer competitive salary, benefit options, eleven
paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick time.This is an
amazing opportunity for an associate or licensed therapist / social
worker with a sincere passion for working with youth clients. .This
position is located in Placerville, CA located right off U.S. Hwy
50.STATEMENT OF THE JOB:Under the direct supervision of the
Residential Clinical Manager, the Residential Therapist is
responsible for establishing and implementing quality clinical
treatment for seriously traumatized and emotionally disturbed
children admitted to our Short-Term Residential Treatment Program
- Evaluate each client's progress and adjust the clinical
services as necessary.
- Develop appropriate documentation for each individual session
in a timely manner ensuring at least 20 hours of billable services
are achieved each week.
- Collaborate closely with other staff to implement treatment
- Provide individual, group and family therapy sessions.
- Establish and maintain appropriate collateral contacts with
community agencies as clinically indicated.
- Help develop and provide trainings for residential staff as
- Prepare written quarterly treatment reviews for each
- Maintain paperwork in accordance with regulations and auditing
and billing requirements in all client charts.
- Assist the Residential Clinical Manager as needed with
- Assures that all clients' paperwork, as it pertains to mental
health services, are up to date and accurate in Electronic Health
Record system including facilitating ongoing therapy audits in
cooperation with the Senior Director of Clinical Programs.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned.JOB EXPECTATIONS:
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Summitview Child &
Family Services, Inc. including, but not limited to,
confidentiality and appropriate boundaries with clients.
- Follows agency policy for crisis intervention and management
- Attends scheduled in-service training programs.
- Attends weekly team meetings as applicable.
- Demonstrates adherence to policies and procedures involving
Privacy Practices (HIPAA compliance)
- Practices good judgement and takes initiative.
- Works cooperatively with others in a team-oriented manner.
- Completes assigned program operational tasks in accordance with
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication
- Sensitivity to the service population?s cultural and
- Must participate in Performance Quality Improvement and Risk
- Provides and practices trauma-informed care services and
modalities with actively using empathy and understanding in
treatment of individuals or other tasks assigned.ESSENTIAL
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted California Driver's License;
personal automobile liability insurance; and a driving record
acceptable to Summitview's insurance carrier.
- Must attend in-house first aid and CPR training within 30 days
following employment (if not currently certified).
- Must be willing to complete a personal background investigation
conducted by the State of California; and must meet community care
licensing standards for professional employment.
- Must follow all procedures and protocols to ensure client and
employee safety and health to support Summitview?s work as an
essential service.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their job.While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required:
- To talk or hear.
- To stand, walk, and sit.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a clinical program with a Masters or Ph.D. degree
in a field of behavioral science from an accredited
- Experience with seriously emotionally disturbed children or
- Training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy and other Evidence
Based Practices preferred.
- Clinical licensure or an Associate seeking licensure for
Marriage Family Therapist (MFT) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Registration with assigned BBS # and with an AMFT # or
- Two years? previous experience in a clinical position
- Employment is at-will.
- This is a full-time exempt position.
- Work hours may require flexibility depending on the needs of
the client, but expectation is 40 hrs. per week.
Keywords: Summitview Child & Family Services, INC., Sacramento , Residential Therapist for Youth Clients, Healthcare , Placerville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!