LCSW Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician
Company: WellSpace Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job DetailsJob Location105 - South Valley Center - Sacramento,
CAIntegrated Behavioral Health ClinicianDepartment: Integrated
Behavioral HealthLocations: South Valley Health Center & Roseville
Health CenterReports to: Regional Manager/AMD for Integrated
Behavioral HealthStatus: Full-timeFLSA: ExemptEEO-1:
Organization InformationWellSpace Health believes that everyone
deserves to be seen, no matter who you are, where you come from,
where you work or what place you call home. We see you and are here
for you. To that end, we've committed ourselves to finding
solutions for our community's health and wellbeing to achieve
regional health through high quality comprehensive care.
Our focus has always been to offer a full range of quality medical
care, dental care, mental health and behavioral health services,
and enabling services to underserved people. We do this by placing
ourselves within the communities we serve and employing outstanding
healthcare professionals who are devoted to our mission.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and are
accredited by the Joint Commission for Ambulatory Care and
Behavioral Health. We're also certified by the Joint Commission as
a Primary Care Medical Home and a Behavioral Health Home.
Position SummaryThe Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) Clinician is
responsible for attending to Primary Care patients in the Health
Center setting with behavioral interventions for a variety of
patient issues including depression, anxiety, pain management and
other chronic medical conditions for which the patient would
benefit from behavior changes, coaching, or additional support. The
Clinician consults regularly with primary care providers during
patient visits, accepts warm hand-offs, and may also intervene for
crisis response, or to support the patient and care teams in
establishing behavioral norms for the continued care relationship.
The IBH Clinician provides brief, solution-focused interventions,
follow up and referral to improve patient health outcomes. The IBH
Clinician contributes equally to the patient care teams through
huddles, case consultation, patient advocacy, mental health
education, and collaborative team meetings with medical staff.
- LCSW or Psychologist license required.
- Experience in a variety of assessments, treatment planning and
counseling issues including chemical dependency, co-occurring
disorders and traumatic experience preferred; providing child,
adolescent and/or adult counseling preferred;
- Experience providing child, adolescent and/or adult counseling
- Experience with brief interventions, including Motivational
Interviewing, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Trauma Informed
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) preferred;
- Experience working in medical settings preferred OR an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of services for the
underserved and sensitivity working with a variety of people from
low-income populations, with diverse educational, lifestyle,
ethnic, and cultural origins; disabled, homeless, substance users,
HIV (AIDS) infected, and/or physiologically impaired.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including active listening,
problem solving, and the ability to remain calm in emotional or
- Ability to abide by standards of professional ethics.
- Compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations as
they pertain to position including HIPAA, sexual harassment,
Mandated Reporting, Scope of Practice, OSHA, etc.
- Ability to understand and promote the mission, vision, and
values of WellSpace Health both in the work place and in the
- Comprehensive computer knowledge and skills of Windows/ Office
Suite(Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fluency in additional languages preferred.
- Adherence to infection control procedures, including but not
limited to, standard precautions of temperature monitoring, hand
washing, symptom self-monitoring, masking and social
- Assist and support the Center/Department/Program to meet
standards of High Reliability.
- Must have valid driver's license and insurable driving
- Provide consultations, coaching, and brief solution-focused
interventions to address chronic health conditions and/or support
behavioral changes to improve outcomes of Primary Care medical
- Recognize and treat behavioral issues related to chronic health
condition management (mental health, substance use disorder, Type 2
Diabetes, hypertension, etc.) as they arise, in the context of
medical care provision. Serve as a critical contributing member of
integrated care teams with medical providers, medical assistants,
other clinical support staff, and patients.
- Consult with and provide training to care team members to
enhance communication skills, support a trauma-informed approach,
and enhance cultural sensitivity and effectiveness in managing
behavioral components of health conditions.
- Provide patients with self-management skills (e.g. relapse
prevention) and tools to enhance their participation in their own
treatment and recovery. Collect, develop, and distribute health and
mental health improvement tools on an on-going basis.
- Using best practices, teach patients skills to manage chronic
- Provide Motivational Interviewing, and Screening, Brief
Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) to improve
abstinence and harm reduction outcomes for people with substance
- Provide patients with support, instruction, and modeling for
behavior befitting the Health Center setting and most likely to
encourage mutually respectful care.
- Identify high risk, high-needs patients for greater attention
to whole-person care and health improvement planning, and refer to
- Perform risk assessment and crisis management, including
evaluation and referral to Emergency Services for patients who are
suicidal, homicidal or experiencing intimate partner violence.
- Give timely feedback to medical provider regarding care plans,
treatment recommendations, and progress. Attend and support regular
collaborative team meetings to discuss both patient issues and team
- May provide limited individual/group therapy as appropriate to
support the goals of the Integrated Behavioral Health model in
- Document all patient interactions in the Electronic Health
Record according to WellSpace Health policies and timelines.
- Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA requirements for
all patient communications.
- Make referrals to specialty mental health and other specialty
services, within WellSpace Health or externally, as
- Comply with all Mandated Reporter requirements and
- Assist patients with tasks associated with community
functioning, and may help patient fill out paperwork and/or provide
resources as necessary for social needs and community supports
- Provide ongoing education and consultation to WellSpace Health
staff and management, and the greater community, on the role and
benefits of Integrated Behavioral Health in the Primary Care
- Make recommendations on outcomes and program evaluation. Assist
with related data collection. Assist with related projects and
initiatives. Assist with Utilization Review activities.
- Travel as assigned to other sites for meetings, consultations,
- Other duties as assigned.
BenefitsSuccessful candidate will receive regionally competitive
salary, above average health benefits at reduced costs, company
paid life insurance & long-term disability insurance, additional
voluntary retirement plan with company match and no vesting
- Paid bereavement and jury duty leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid time off
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible Spending Program
- Company paid malpractice insurance for all providers
- Professional development hours offered annually
Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentThe work environment is
characteristic of a medical clinic environment. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel. The
employee is also required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and
arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The
employee must also possess hearing and speech to communicate in
person and over the phone. The noise level in the work environment
is usually quiet.
The employee may be in contact with individuals and families in
crisis who may be ill, using substances and/or not attentive to
personal health and safety for themselves or their homes. The
employee may experience a number of unpleasant sensory demands
associated with the client's use of alcohol and drugs, and the lack
of personal care. The employee may also be exposed to bodily fluids
(blood, urine) and hazardous chemicals.
WellSpace Health is committed to the principals of equal
employment. We are committed to complying with all federal, state,
and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all
other employment laws and regulations. It is the intent of
WellSpace Health to maintain a work environment free of harassment,
discrimination, or retaliation because of age, race, religious
creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability,
medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related
medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status
protected by federal, state or local laws. WellSpace Health is
dedicated to the fulfillment of this policy in regard to all
aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting,
hiring, placement transfer, training, promotion, rates of pay, and
other compensation, termination, and all other terms, conditions,
and privileges of employment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WellSpace Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: WellSpace Health, Sacramento , LCSW Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!