Company: Blossom Ridge
Posted on: November 23, 2021
One of the fastest growing companies in Sacramento is continuing
to add to our team of exceptional clinicians!! Blossom Ridge Home
Healthcare and Hospice is currently looking to add an additional
Full-Time Occupational Therapists who will provide outstanding care
for patients in the Sacramento area! This is a great opportunity to
join an amazing team that offers: COMPETITIVE PAY GREAT COMPANY
CULTURE 100% BENEFIT COVERAGE FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES 401K +
Matching $1 for $1 matching FSA up to $1,000 Looking forward to
hearing from you soon!
- Evaluates patient's functional status (muscle function,
endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication
skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.).
- Evaluates home environment for hazards or barriers to more
independent living. Identifies equipment needs. Participates in the
development of the total plan of care.
- For patients who plan to return to work, the occupational
therapist may perform work capacity evaluation and may refer to
specialized vocational training in accordance with organization
- Develops treatment program and establishes goals for improved
function. Communicates plan of care to referring physician and
other organization professionals.
- May teach new skills or retrain patient in once familiar daily
activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in
accordance with organization policy.
- May fabricate splints and instruct patient in the use of
various types of adaptive equipment to improve function.
- May train patient in the use of prosthetic and/or orthotic
- Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and
reports to the physician any changes in the patient's condition.
Submits these records in accordance with organization policy.
- Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved
in the patient's care to promote coordinated, efficient care.
- Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and
other meetings as required by organization policy to ensure
coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home
health services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient's family/caregiver and other organization
health care personnel in patient's treatment regime when indicated
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants according
to organization policy and state regulations.
- When therapy is the only skilled service, instructs, supervises
and evaluates home health aide care every two (2) weeks.
- Participates in discharge planning for patient. Job
Requirements: Occupational Therapist Requirements: Minimum
- Graduate of an occupational therapy curriculum accredited
jointly by the Committee on American Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the National Registration Examination of the
American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Licensed to practice as Occupational Therapist within the
state, if applicable.
- One (1) year or more experience as a Occupational
- Good verbal, written communication and organization
- Possesses current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good
working order. Preferred Qualifications
- Two (2) years or more experience as a Occupational
- One (1) year or more experience as a Occupational Therapist in
community or home health.
Keywords: Blossom Ridge, Sacramento , Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!