Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Job Description - Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology
(949553) Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology Job Number:
949553 Posting Date : Apr 2, 2021, 6:33:42 PM Description In a
Consultant-Liaison role, evaluates and diagnosis' Health Plan
members seen in primary care who have mental disorders or
behavioral conditions that affect or are a consequence of their
- Utilizes principles of Health Psychology to develop implement,
coordinate and evaluate treatment plans for referred members that
may include crisis intervention, brief psychotherapy,
psychoeducation groups and brief case management.
- Prepares concise intake evaluations and treatment plans, and
maintains ongoing confidential progress records in accord with
state and NCQA regulations.
- Provides education and support to members and their families to
encourage compliance with medical and behavioral regimes.
- Co-manages medical conditions through the use of
nonpharmacologic and behavioral interventions in order to leverage
physician time and develop appropriate patterns of
- Administers and evaluates psychological and neuropsychological
tests on a limited basis.
- Collaborates with physicians in screening and evaluating
patients for psychotropic medications, within the scope of
- Provides consultation and training to other members of the APC
team in the areas of mental health, behavioral medicine and health
- Provides consultation on program development, and conducts
program evaluation and outcome assessment, as needed.
- Serves as liaison and refers to the Psychiatry Department,
Chemical Dependency Services, Behavioral Health Education,
specialty behavioral medicine services and other Medical Teams as
appropriate. Secondary Functions:
- Days and hours of work will vary. Qualifications Basic
- N/A Education
- PhD/PsyD/EdD in clinical counseling, health or school
psychology from an accredited college or university. License,
- Current valid license to practice psychology in the State of
California or valid license to practice in a state in the United
States and able to practice under Business and Professional Code
Section 2946 (maximum of 180 days subject to the specifics of the
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI,
prior to employment start date.
- Previous clinical responsibilities to include diagnosis, crisis
intervention, brief individual and group psychotherapy, and
consultation and collaboration with medical personnel.
- Knowledge of state regulations and APA standards as it related
to client treatment, patient rights and client/patient
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
and within a primary care environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting
- Familiarity with psychopharmacology and health psychology
background preferred. Primary Location : California-Sacramento-S.
Sacramento Wyndham Medical Offices Scheduled Hours (1-40) : 24
Shift : Day Working Days : Mon, Tue, Wed Working Hours Start :
08:30 AM Working Hours End : 05:00 PM Job Schedule : Part-time Job
Type : Standard Employee Status : Regular Job Level : Individual
Contributor Job Category : Behavioral / Mental Health Public
Department Name : So Sacramento Hospital North - Mental
Hlth/Psych-Behavioral - 0206 Travel : Yes, 5 % of the Time Employee
Group : A05-IBHS-NUHW-NUHW Integ Behavioral Hlth Ser Kaiser
Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse
and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital
status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity,
veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing
characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected
status. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be
considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and
state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but
not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinances. Click here for Important Additional Job Requirements.
Share this job with a friend You may also share this job
description with a friend by email or social media. All the
relevant details will be included in the message. Click the button
labeled Share that is next to Submit .
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Sacramento , Behavioral Medicine Specialist Psychology, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!