Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice
Company: Partners in Care- Hospice
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Why Join Our Team? At Partners In Care Hospice, we believe in
promoting a positive work culture where every individual feels
valued and appreciated.
We encourage our employees to maintain a positive work/life balance
and welcome employee input as we grow and evolve.
Our employees promote our core values: quality, passion,
compassion, dignity/respect, honesty/integrity, training/education,
dependability, professionalism, and responsiveness.
As part of our team, you will improve our patient's quality of
life, while respecting their last wishes, throughout the end of
We believe it important for each employee to be an integral part of
a dynamic, supportive work culture and greatly value their
RN Hospice Nurse
A vital part of hospice is the carefully selected and well-trained
Hospice Registered Nurse.
The--Hospice nurse--must be capable of compassionate communication
with patients and their families.
Hospice nurses need to have keen observation skills, high ethical
standards and knowledge of when to alert doctors and others about
changes in patient conditions.
They must be resilient and sympathetic, and they should have
emotional and physical stability to deal with the challenges of
severe illness and death.
The Hospice nurse is calm under pressure.
In addition, they need to be good listeners.
Whether they're listening to the family or the patient, they'll
hear pain, tragedy, fear, and uncertainty in their voices and it's
the nurses job to help them come to terms with the situation.
In addition, the hospice nurse is in the unique position to create
and build trusting relationships with Patients, families,
facilities and their staff.--
We have positions available for:
* RN Case Manager
* On Call Visiting Nurse * Admission RN
Partners In Care Hospice is a hospice provider in the
Placer/Sacramento/Nevada and El Dorado counties whose mission is to
provide compassionate care and educate the community about the
benefits of hospice.
We are looking for a Hospice Nurse--to work with our
inter-disciplinary team including physicians, hospice aides,
chaplain, social worker, and volunteers to provide holistic care to
our patients, families, and caregivers.
The Hospice nurse is required to provide point of service
electronic charting and documentation at time of patient visit or
Ability to operate a computer and/or a tablet PC, and proficiency
with Windows- based software programs, is required.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply!
We look forward to speaking with you.
* Competitive weekly pay with direct deposit
* Paid training for new employees * Paid sick time
* Paid vacation benefits * Mileage Reimbursement
RESPONSIBILITIES * To plan, coordinate and provide hospice care in
accordance with the patient's plan of care.
* Coordinates hospice care by working with other team members as
well as with the patients/family members to ensure needs are
* Submit complete, accurate and relevant clinical notes in a timely
* Submit patient visit schedule weekly.
* Participate in IDG and case conferences.
* Take responsibility for ensuring patients' plans of care are kept
* Provide education to patients/family members regarding the dying
process, plan of care and offers guidance with healthcare
* Perform death visit per agency's policy.
* Conduct an initial as well as ongoing comprehensive assessments
of the patients.--
* Conduct a physical examination of the patient, including vital
signs, physical assessment, mental status, appetite and type of
* Be competent in knowledge about different levels of care and when
it's appropriate to offer them.
* Develop and implement the initial plan of care and work with
other members of the IDG in completing and maintaining the
comprehensive plan of care.
* Observing signs and symptoms and reporting to the physician
reactions to treatments, including drugs, as well as changes in the
patient's physical or emotional condition.
* Supervise and evaluate the care given by the Hospice Aide at a
minimum of once every 14 days and as needed.
* Chart those services rendered to the patient by the staff nurse
and changes that have been noted in the patient's condition and/or
family and home situation, makes revisions in the nursing care plan
as needed, records supervisory visits conducted with the Hospice
Aide, evaluates patient care and progress and closes charts of
JOB CONDITIONS * May be stressful.
* The ability to access patients' homes which may not be routinely
wheelchair accessible is required.-- Hearing, eyesight and physical
dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of
the patient's condition and to perform and demonstrate patient
* Physical activities will include, walking, sitting, stooping, and
standing and minimal to maximum lifting of patients and the turning
EQUIPMENT OPERATION * Computer, telephone, tablet, thermometer, B/P
cuff, glucometer, penlight, hand washing materials and other
various pieces of office equipment and medical equipment.
COMPANY INFORMATION * Has access to patient medical records.
QUALIFICATIONS * Must be a graduate from an accredited School of
* Must be licensed in the State as a Registered Nurse.
* One year of experience as a professional nurse within the last
three (3) years or have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a
program accredited by the National League of Nursing.--
* Must have excellent assessment skills and problem-solving
* Should be skillful in organization and in the principles of time
management and have knowledge of case management processes.
* Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good
* The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in
--We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Hireology .Category: Healthcare, Keywords: Registered Nurse
Keywords: Partners in Care- Hospice, Sacramento , Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice, Healthcare , Auburn, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!