Company: One Community Health
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Looking for a Nurse Practitioner in our Organization One
Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted,
and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and
superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of
compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of
our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients. One
Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us
on this journey as we become healthy together! Our Philosophy At
One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's
a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve
optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our
community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes
for equality for all and for social justice for those on the
margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people
with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and
behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to everyone
in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the
stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for
everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and
are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see
suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or
a group in our community. If these are your values are your values,
then please consider joining our team. What We Are We are a
Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need
in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered
Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation
in Sacramento. Integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to
maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community
Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for
people who often experienced social exclusion and
- Medical Insurance
- We offer a choice between three carriers: Sutter Plus, WHA and
- One Community Health pays about 90% of the Employee only
premium and pays 75% of the costs for dependents or
- 2 Dental plans offered through Delta Dental: PPO and DHMO
- DHMO is paid in full by employer (employee only)
- VSP Vision Insurance paid in full by employer (employee
- Company Paid Life, AD&D and LTD offered through Unum
- One times annual salary paid in full by employer (LIFE and
- LTD is 60% annual salary paid in full by employer after 90
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid
for by employer
- Robust PTO, Sick Time, & Paid Holidays
- Additional Benefits/Extra's
- We are an eligible NHSC (National Health Service Core) approved
loan repayment site and have an HPSA score of 16.
- Opportunity for Reimbursements, Bonus options and/or annual
- Educational and Language Stipends: higher level of education or
- Professional dues and/or licensure fees paid by organization as
it relates to the position
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by
- Opportunity for Community Engagement, Events and
- Opportunities to help with state and national level advocacy
About the Position-- One Community Health is seeking a Nurse
Practitioner who--demonstrates expert clinical judgment and
performance in acute and chronic disease management while working
in a team based environment.--The Nurse Practitioner will work with
other staff members including Nurses, Medical Assistants, Scribes,
Laboratory staff, Behavioral Health providers, Social Workers,
Clinical Pharmacists, Dieticians, as well as with our Dental team.
Two full Saturday and some evening clinics are expected. We are
seeking a Nurse Practitioner who has a specialty in Internal
Medicine, Family Medicine and/or Pediatrics with a desire to work
with underserved populations. We are accepting resumes for both
full and part time positions. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for evaluating patients and providing primary care
to patients. In some cases providing direct HIV specialty medical
care (if Infectious Disease specialty).
- Responsible for accurate and timely documentation necessary for
patient care and billing.
- Responsible for assuring quality medical care delivered to all
- Responsible for understanding and maintenance of Quality
Improvement Program indicators as directed by the Leadership for
the medical department.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Standards
of Care and policies for the Medical Clinic.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the
implementation of medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate
medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals.
- Understands and follows medical operations in compliance with
applicable state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Understands and monitors systems for compliance as necessary.
Provides necessary and timely communication to Medical Leadership
when issues of compliance arise, and complies with a corrective
- Understands and follows policies and procedures relative to
medical provider scheduling, schedule changes, template
development, etc., coordinating with efforts with the Practice
Manager. Promptly communicates problems and issues in these areas
to the Medical Leadership.
- Assists other medical and general staff, in developing and
designing new clinical services, as appropriate to One Community
Health patient needs.
- Responsible for attending all appropriate meetings as directed
by the Medical Leadership.
- The Nurse Practitioner demonstrates expert clinical judgment
and performance in acute and chronic disease management.
- Masters Degree in Nursing required.
- Current license as a Nurse Practitioner with the State of
California Board of Registered Nursing.
- State of California Furnishing License
- Possess a DEA certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Licenses required for this position must be kept current,
valid, and in good standing with the presiding entity. Please Note:
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires
and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a
workplace in which individual differences are recognized,
appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop
and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, sex, age, national origin, gender identity, sexual
orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you
will require accommodations during the interview process. Apply Now
with our quick 3 minute application! * Fields Are Required What is
your full name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone
Number Number Type What is your preferred method of
Keywords: One Community Health, Sacramento , Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!