Full-Time Psychiatrist Needed in CA Dept. of Corrections Facility
Company: National Staffing Solutions
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Ione, California. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Description At
National Staffing Solutions, we have the privilege and honor of
working with dedicated healthcare employees that make a positive
impact in aiding those needing healthcare services across the U.S.
every day. It is our passion, drive and integrity that enables us
to continue our focus in this endeavor and now we're asking you to
consider joining us in our efforts. We're seeking a Psychiatrist
for a Full-Time opportunity working in a correctional facility in
Ione, CA. Ione is nestled in the beautiful oak covered foothills in
the Gold Country. Residents and visitors to Ione enjoy the gentle
climate, pastoral setting with oak trees and farmlands, and the
family oriented atmosphere of this medium sized town. Ione is
located 35 minutes from Sacramento. Psychiatrist Opportunity
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Anticipated start date: ASAP upon hiring and credentialing
- Salary: $200/hour
- Anticipated duration of contract: 6 months
- Anticipated schedule: Monday – Friday (Will also consider 4
- Anticipated Hours: 8am – 4pm (5 8's) OR 7am – 5pm (4 10's)
- Gain valuable professional experience and help make a
difference in the lives of troubled individuals
- Ongoing dedicated recruiter support and customer service
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal,
psychiatric, and substance abuse case history to assess
inmate's/ward's current needs and make treatment recommendations in
the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including
clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols,
pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and
consultations as needed.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Treatment Team (IDTT)
- Document all care provided to the patient-inmate/ward,
including face-to-face contacts and IDTT meetings.
- Monitor inmate/ward progress using Subjective, Objective,
Assessment, Plan and Education (SOAPE) formatted progress
- Identify the relevant signs and symptoms of
medical/psychological disorders in order to comprehensively
diagnose, assess and manage the presenting symptomatology.
- Examine prior mental health records, institutional chromos,
probation reports, court records and other available documents to
assist in the formulation of patient's diagnosis and aid in the
development of the inmate's/ward's treatment plans.
- Prescribe medication as deemed appropriate for treatment and
utilize the CDCR Correctional Formulary or obtain non-formulary
- Administer psychiatric treatment with assistance, as necessary,
from other health care providers.
- Give input and help to implement new programs for the
treatment, training or rehabilitation of patient-inmates/youths as
directed by the CEO/CMH, Chief Psychiatrist, Senior Psychiatrist or
- Minimum of twelve continuous months of experience within the
last three years performing services similar in scope to those
defined herin, in a public or private institution (internship does
not count towards the required experience).
- Current Independent Licensure in State of Practice.
- Preferred experience in CDCR/CCHCS
- Active DEA**Other CA locations available** Submit your resume
to us today for consideration and one of our dedicated recruiters
will be in touch within 24 business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keyphrases: psychiatry jobs, psychiatrist jobs, psychologist jobs,
psychiatric nurse practitioner jobs
Keywords: National Staffing Solutions, Sacramento , Full-Time Psychiatrist Needed in CA Dept. of Corrections Facility, Healthcare , Ione, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!