Acute Care Per Diem Nurse - Float - 11862
Company: University of California - Davis Medical Centers
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Patient Care Resources (PCR) provides 24/7 RN and HUSC Float Pool
coverage to a variety of inpatient areas within the Patient Care
Services division. The department has over 200 employees, both per
diem and career. In addition, the department also has several
programs that provide support to the inpatient units: Float Pool,
Per Diem Pool, STAN Program, Action Team, Rapid Response Team, SOS
Nurses, and Children's Hospital Seasonal Float Team.
Final Filing Date : 11/30/2020
Salary Range : $76.46 to $87.94
Salary Frequency : Hourly
Appointment Type : Per Diem
Percentage of Time : Per Diem
Shift Hour : 7P 7A
Location : Main Hospital
City : Sacramento
Union Representation : Yes
Benefits Eligible : No
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Per Diem Pool is a team of daily assigned nurses, that oversees
the care of patients within the Critical Care Float cluster. This
position provides direct patient care to a diversified patient
population. Applies experience and judgment to determine the
importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought
to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff
education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates
accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice
* Minimum of 2 years paid RN experience in an acute care
* Inpatient experience in medical surgical speciality units.
* CPR certification.
* Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
* Possession of current California RN License.
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
* Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
* Commitment to excellence in patient care.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
* Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive
* Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and
* Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based
* Basic computer skills.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
* Float experience.
* Experience in a teaching hospital with high acuity patient
* ACLS certification.
* Telemtry certification.
* Reference report reflect an overall meets or exceeds rating.
* Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends
* Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and
stand on feet over extended periods.
* THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND
INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL
EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or
other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination
Keywords: University of California - Davis Medical Centers, Sacramento , Acute Care Per Diem Nurse - Float - 11862, Healthcare , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!