State & Local Government - Management Consulting - Consultant
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Up to 50%
What You Will Do:
- The State and Local Government practice provides individuals
the opportunity to serve clients in the areas of: business design,
organizational strategy, IT strategy, performance management,
market analysis, financial modeling, operational analysis, process
improvement, change management, compliance monitoring, and program
management. The application of this skill set within state and
local governments is delivering compelling, high impact solutions
to our clients' toughest business and technology problems. We
translate strategy into action. What You Will Need:
- 2 years of management consulting experience, with 1 year
working with public sector entities in a consulting capacity
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, years
of experience may be substituted
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within a workstream as part of
a larger engagement.
- Experience creating high quality deliverables to contract and
client specifications and requirements
- Experience with presentation and/or data analysis/ analytics
software, including MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel, Access, R, SAS,
Tableau, QlikView, Perceptive or others
- Must be willing to travel within CA and at times, outside the
state. What Would Be Nice To Have:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience contributing to business development activities
directed towards state and local government entities. May include
actively engaging with state and local government leaders and
staff, responding to government solicitations, creating marketing
- 1+ years of experience in business process optimization in
state and local government, human resources, IT, or customer
services across any industry including financial services,
healthcare, transportation, manufacturing, telecommunications, oil
and gas, consumer products, and others.
- Strong numerical reasoning and quantitative skills,
particularly building complex Excel models.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of
success with key facets of state and local government
- Certifications and demonstrated experience in organizational
change management, project management, agile, business process
optimization, and/or technology enablement.
- Synthesizing multiple inputs into coherent insights
- Competencies include:
- Critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Solid verbal communication and narrative development skills,
with the ability to summarize and convey key insights from analyses
to senior audiences.
- High degree of comfort working in unstructured situations and
ability to maintain poise, maturity and work well under
- Ability to be self-directed and responsive.
- Collegial team player who can work within a small, motivated
team of diverse consulting professionals
The annual salary range for this position is
$62,600.00-$112,600.00. Compensation decisions depend on a wide
range of factors, including but not limited to skill sets,
experience and training, security clearances, licensure and
certifications, and other business and organizational needs.
What We Offer:
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that
includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package
that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Student Loan PayDown
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Mobility Stipend About Guidehouse
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran
status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other
basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of
Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment
opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via
email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential
and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be
obligated to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Guidehouse, Sacramento , State & Local Government - Management Consulting - Consultant, Government & Protective Services , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!