Executive Director of Communications in Santa Rosa, CA
Company: American Medical Response
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 13, 2019
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS IN SANTA ROSA, CA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA (Sonoma County)
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
Under the direction of the AMR General Manager for Sonoma County,
the REDCOM Executive Director serves as the primary manager of the
Dispatch Services Agreement, carrying out the mission and goals
established by the REDCOM Board of Directors. The Executive
Director serves as the primary point of contact for the REDCOM
Board of Directors, sub-committees, member organizations and allied
agencies. The Executive Director will promote a positive working
environment in the communication center utilizing total quality
management concepts and practices, insuring incorporation of AMR
and REDCOM s mission, vision, strategies and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage dispatch center in effective/efficient manner within
policy & performance parameters established by AMR and the
* Develop and propose goals, objectives and strategies for
consideration by Board.
* Actively engage with the Board in strategic planning processes
designed to anticipate future needs, goals and objectives.
* Implement administrative, operational and technical procedures
that support Board goals, strategies and policies.
* Develop and propose preliminary and final budgets for both AMR
* Implement financial procedures in support of Budget goals.
* Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, etc., pertaining to
operation of Fire & EMS 911 PSAP
* Prepare for and facilitate Board meetings and provide research,
reports, and input as requested by the Board
* Within framework of Contractor s Human Resource Policies and
Procedures, and according to job specifications and Budget approved
by REDCOM, hire, discipline & terminate employees.
* Provide general supervision of Operational and Administrative
staff. Interpret policy under the guidance of AMR and REDCOM JPA
* Advise and confer with Board, Member agency leadership &
* Coordinate the development of REDCOM operational & technical
procedures with Member agency leadership, SCPSC, County Radio,
SCFCA, CVEMS, etc.
* Represent AMR and REDCOM with other public agencies, media and
community at large.
* Respond to issues regarding services and implement appropriate
operational Policies for services provided under this
* Carry out other duties as may be assigned by AMR and the
* Provide coordination and leadership for all
* Lead, motivate, and supervise all Communications Center staff
* Provide performance feedback to subordinates through positive
reinforcement and quality assurance review
* Conduct annual performance review of assigned personnel.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable,
counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with
a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive
* Assist in driving performance management.
* Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative
action/equal opportunity and diversity goals.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
* BA/BS in Public Safety Management OR related industry experience
is also highly preferred.
* Minimum 5 years leadership or management experience in a 9-1-1
* Highly ethical, principled, and accountable professional who has
demonstrated leadership and management skills.
* Demonstrated leadership experience in finding paths for migration
to new technologies. Understanding of the complexities inherent in
acquiring new technical systems.
* Experience with budget planning, preparation, forecasting and
administration is preferred.
* Proven history of success and a comprehensive knowledge of public
safety communication practices. Capable of making tough decisions
in a timely manner when required.
* Must possess a history of progressive, proactive and innovative
program development, as well as a track record of successful
follow-through and implementation.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including
American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer
including Veterans and Disabled.
Keywords: American Medical Response, Sacramento , Executive Director of Communications in Santa Rosa, CA, Executive , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!