National Account Director West Market Access Biomedical
Posted on: April 18, 2019
At Bioventus we enable people to resume and enjoy active lives,
Bioventus accomplishes this with its orthobiologic products for
bone healing, regeneration and related biosurgery that engage and
enhance the body s natural healing processes. Bioventus currently
has more than 750 employees globally; and are rapidly
Our mission is to become the global leader in Orthobiologics and
each year more than 400,000 lives are changed by our products. We
are proud of the work we do and the lives we touch.
Do you want to be part of team to make that difference* Does
working for a medical company in a young driven international
environment interest you*
That is what you can expect working at Bioventus.
Sound good to you* Read on!
National Account Director Market Access Biomedical
West Coast USA / Full time / Field based (must be able to
The National Account Director is responsible for collaborating with
company leadership to develop and execute payer strategies to
increase revenue and profit through payer contracting efforts and
medical guideline review.
The National Account Director is also responsible for educating
third party payers and influential organizations about clinical
therapy products and services, negotiating favorable pricing and
establishing favorable medical guidelines or protocols.
This individual must have excellent contacts and a broad knowledge
of the healthcare environment, payer structure and account
management process for both commercial and government accounts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop and implement strategic operational plan to increase
revenue and profit through appropriate contracting and guidelines
across commercial, government and payer influencers;
* Manage new and existing Bioventus product portfolio with key
customers as assigned;
* Identify opportunities and implement key actions required to
accelerate Bioventus sales within assigned accounts;
* Meet with payer decision makers to negotiate and implement
favorable contracts and guidelines;
* Provide leadership in responding to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs, etc. and
helping in overall operational initiatives;
* Serve as single point of contact for third-party organizations
relevant to this segment;
* Conduct regularly scheduled business reviews to track progress of
key accounts with Healthcare Policy, Payer Relations &
Reimbursement and Sales leadership teams;
* Partner with internal teams to insure unique customer and
business needs are addressed and met (marketing, sales training,
professional affairs & medical education, sales, Reimbursement
Services, Credit & Collections, and Finance);
* Provide reports of targeted accounts, using CRM system objectives
and progress, and other reports as required;
* Responsible for adhering to the general HSE responsibilities.
What do you bring* A feeling for new chances and the drive to take
up new challenges
* Bachelor s degree or academic equivalent required; master s
* Minimum 12 years experience national account manager position in
a pharma/biotech/med device organization focused on medical
reimbursement and contract negotiation;
* Experience with DME and injectable products in the orthopedic
industry is strongly preferred;
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication
* Responsive to customer needs and flexible/adaptive to rapid
* Ability to work across the organization to achieve results, and
has ideally worked in a large organization requiring interaction
within multiple business units;
* Understand the market for key practices, trends, patterns;
* Must maintain a strong sense of integrity, confidence and
* strong knowledge of managed care programs with solid knowledge of
reimbursement, government/commercial payer systems, cost
containment companies, Third Party administrators, specialty
pharmacies, and wholesalers;
* strong negotiation skills and sound decision making ability;
* solid working knowledge of clinical and health economic outcomes
including the interpretation and presentation of clinical and
* strong planning and tactical execution;
* Prior medical device, pharmaceutical, hospital or payer
experience is essential;
* Ability to work with and develop key accounts;
* Ability to adapt to rapid change as the business develops,
capable of working under pressure and manage time effectively;
* Must possess a professional and friendly attitude;
* Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group
achieve its goals;
* Effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work
is completed efficiently.
Our ideal new colleague possesses strong interpersonal, listening
and communication skills to provide the best services to our
directors, customers and employees. You naturally strive for the
best performance and you have the willingness to learn.
Additionally, you are a good team player, dynamic, optimistic,
accurate, organized and hard working.
What can you expect from us* Excellent working conditions and a
very lively and supportive company culture
* Working in an innovative and international environment;
* Professional and personal development is supported;
* Flat structures;
* Genuine career growth;
* Sustainable and meaningful approach in everything we do;
* Good work-life-balance;
* A salary, depending on your experience, based on market
* Competitive bonus plan;
* 401K and other benefits.
Besides that, we have a great team of international professionals
in place that love what they do and enjoy spending time with each
Are you the top talent we are looking for* Apply!
Then apply now by sending your CV and a brief motivation via the
We are looking forward to getting to know you!
Bioventus is an equal opportunities employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Bioventus, Sacramento , National Account Director West Market Access Biomedical, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!