Company: All Weather Insulated Panels
Posted on: March 18, 2019
About the Position: The Plant Manager p lans, coordinates, and controls the manufacturing process of panels and trim as well as oversees activities of shipping & receiving and maintenance departments. Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff, applying a team approach and open positive communications. Plans, schedules, strategizes, and oversees all production activities while continually maintaining profitability. Essential Production Functions:
- Effectively manage production, shipping and receiving, and maintenance departments.
- Effectively manage and control efficient and cost effective production processes from scheduling to delivery of goods in coordination with department leaders.
- Control production schedule to optimize production run time, maximize profits, and ensure customer service excellence.
- Maintain and improve production processes to minimize scrap and misfab ratios as well as maintaining desired quality of goods produced.
- Supervise and motivate production workers to ensure employee satisfaction, efficiency, productivity, and morale. Manage employee training, performance, development, and progression. Effectively lead the plant team.
- Continuously improve plant performance and quality by implementing efficient and cost effective concepts, techniques, and processes.
- Communicate effectively and ensure all staff is communicating effectively with all other departments. Foster a team atmosphere and culture throughout the plant. Ensure that the production process is efficient and cost effective.
- Continuously and effectively evaluate, devise, recommend, and implement improvements to all processes, procedures, and practices to ensure and further improve efficiency, quality, safety, and cost.
- Monitor and facilitate production processes according to volume and adjust schedules as needed.
- Work with management team to implement the company's policies and goals.
- Optimize labor hours to maximize productivity and production ratios
- Approve hours of production employees and submit accurate data to Human Resources department.
- Ensure Federal and State labor laws are followed for plant workers.
- Ensure plant floor is neat at all times.
- Plan, prioritize and delegate work tasks to ensure efficient, effective, and successful function of the department.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity and profitability.
- Perform or ensure timely performance reviews with production, shipping and receiving, and maintenance team.
- Assign coils to jobs daily
- Communicate and coordinate with Customer Service and Purchasing to optimize production quantity, quality, and efficiency.
- Produce reports top management as prudent and assigned.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week between the hours of 3am - 9pm plus any overtime that is needed for the effective operation of the plant and management of staff.
- Comply with supervisory expectations:
- Expectations of Management - Consistently exhibits a high standard of integrity and ethical behavior. Resolves conflicts in an open and direct manner. Communicates candidly and effectively. Selects the best employees for the organization and works with employees to help them succeed. Demonstrates and inspires a high level of commitment and performance. Leads continuous improvement efforts and positive change.
- Management Team Support - Outwardly supports management in all initiatives. Participates in management positively with an open mind and genuine and cooperative attitude. Supports and ensures that employees support other departments cooperatively.
- Employee Management - Successfully manages performance, behavior, and conduct of subordinates, including ongoing assessment, feedback, and coaching of performance criterion with successful results. Documents both issues and successes for a complete and well-rounded review. Ensures all policies, SOPs, and company practices are followed. Holds employees accountable to expectations.
- Team Building - Actively seeks and achieves group participation to improve work, sets priorities, is innovative, and solves problems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Essential Safety Functions:
- Sit on Safety Committee.
- Lead safety programs ensuring compliance with all applicable Federal and State regulations based on plant location and best practices. States: California / Arkansas.
- Develop, implement, review, monitor, and maintain safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with governmental regulations including Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations including, but not limited to, OSHA, CalOSHA.
- Plan and lead daily/weekly/monthly safety meetings.
- Lead in identification, analysis, and control of occupational and process safety hazards to minimize incidents.
- Lead and/or participate in internal and external audits and inspections.
- Manage and support companywide safety improvement efforts.
- Create and conduct safety related training.
- Manage the implementation and effective application of safety practices, including the utilization of safety equipment and devices in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for physical changes in the facility.
- Prepare reports, conduct safety briefings, be the company spokesperson for all safety issues, and research and answer all safety questions and concerns.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as needed.
Keywords: All Weather Insulated Panels, Sacramento , Plant Manager, Executive , Vacaville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!