Posted on: November 19, 2023
*REMOTE OPPORTUNITY* - Pacific, Mountain, Central or Eastern
Time Zones Welcomed
WHAT WE DO
We are on a mission to empower the world to invest fearlessly.
Nitrogen is the growth platform for wealth management firms. We
help our customers grow their business by providing a personalized
client experience while increasing firmwide efficiency. We believe
that people should have access to objective and easy-to-understand
information as it relates to investing and their own financial
futures. The wealth management firms we partner with do exactly
WHAT WE ARE ALL ABOUT
Nitrogen is defined by growth. We are a fast-paced, ever-evolving
team that loves being at the forefront of technological innovation
in the investing space. The work we do takes creative problem
solving and a can-do attitude. Every member of our team is a
critical player who takes accountability for their work and
stewards it with excellence. As a company, we value each other by
creating space for everyone to be heard and well supported. We
achieve this goal through weekly team meetings, one-on-one
managerial investment in each employee, and thorough feedback
processes. We strive to create an atmosphere that is based on
respect and communication, while also fostering an engaging and
lively work environment. From all-staff meetings, to team build
events, to department-wide retreats, we give everyone a seat at the
table to contribute their best work and have fun along the way. We
are highly collaborative, thoroughly engaged, and completely
committed to bringing our best day-in and day-out. From the
customers we support, to the careers we foster, we infuse growth
and advancement into everything we touch.
Nitrogen is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from
underrepresented groups to apply. We are committed to being fair
and intentional in our hiring decisions by reviewing every
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON
We empower our customers to grow their businesses by enabling
product adoption, advocating internally for their strategic needs,
and ensuring their desire to renew their contracts and expand their
usage over time.
The Renewals Manager (RM) is accountable for the net revenue
retention of an assigned book of business.
1. Within the Advisor Direct segment, the RM is responsible for
engaging with customers during the Onboarding and Adoption phases
of the Customer Journey that result in:
a. an improvement to the customer health metric (Health Score, NPS
b. Customer's decision to: renew at the end of their term, expand
their partnership (purchase additional licenses or products), and
2. Facilitate sales calls with existing customers using a
value-based sales methodology, defined call structure, and the
Renewals Manager Playbook.
3. Follow established operational processes related to contract
amendments, including but not limited to upsells, upgrades,
renewals, and cancellations.
4. Identify and prioritize opportunities for account growth & see
them through to completion - for example: sending upsell leads to
sales; reaching out to existing customers who would benefit from
additional feature access and closing upgrade deals, securing
referrals from existing customers.
5. Participate in driving the ideation and execution of the Advisor
Direct Engagement Strategy.
6. Engage key contacts through Marketing Campaigns in order to
increase engagement, product adoption, and growth
7. Maintain adequate data in Salesforce related to Accounts,
Contacts, Contact Information (i.e. emails, phone numbers), and
8. Participate in team and cross-functional meetings, including
product training and all-company standups (Pulse). If you live
within an hour of our Pulse Day meet ups and are scheduled to work
that day, you are expected to attend the Pulse Day event in-person.
We book facilities for our Pulse Day meet ups for employees to
spend the day working with their teammates. Pulse Day's occur
approximately every 6 weeks.
9. Establish a cadence of activities that support a "one to many"
strategy with the book of business in this segment:
a. Engage with Advisors and challenge them to become proficient
with our product
b. Recommend available training opportunities such as Boot Camp,
Summit, and Essentials Labs. Partner with our Advisor Success team
to enable our customers to be successful with our product.
c. Discover growth opportunities with existing customers and pass
qualified leads to the sales team.
d. In partnership with cross-functional teams and leaders,
establish content for and execute Advisor Direct engagement
activities i.e. webinars, "office hours"
10. Participate in Call Reviews with leadership and peers for
11. Complete accurate and timely reporting - i.e. Weekly
Performance Metric Tracking
12. Share customers' product enhancement requests and feedback
13. Assign and communicate priority to customer escalations. Follow
SOPs for proposing solutions and delighting the customer.
14. Strive to achieve the customer retention goals established by
a. Process all renewal rate increases associated with customers in
your book of business - provide customers with notice prior to the
deadline in accordance with our Terms of Service
b. Follow established protocols and get creative / bring your own
ideas to the table to save / winback customers who have requested
to cancel (i.e. booking and executing customer calls, adding
customers to Marketo Campaigns based on their scenarios, etc.).
c. Inform your manager if you are behind on your goals so that you
can develop a plan together to get back on track
- MUST HAVE Minimum 2 years experience at technology company with
a SaaS subscription model in sales or customer support
- MUST HAVE 2 years experience in customer-facing role in
- MUST HAVE 1 year using Salesforce on a daily basis as part of
your core role
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Adept at building quick rapport and acting as a "trusted
partner" with customers
- Effective written and verbal communication. Able to communicate
complex information in a simple, clear, concise, professional, and
- Coachable - Willing to accept feedback and continuously
- Adaptable - Work well in a fast-paced and changing environment,
but contribute to the team and organization efforts to improve
efficiency and effectiveness.
- Follow through with your commitments and responsibilities, and
if you're blocked from doing so, communicate that to
- Must be able to see both the details and the bigger picture -
identify when problems are repetitive or have patterns and escalate
- Able to effectively prioritize and own various types of
responsibilities and scenarios from start to finish.
- Be a team player. We are all working toward a common goal and
can only be successful if we work together, share our insights and
ideas, and provide each other with feedback.
- Be creative and thoughtful about your approach to the path to
success! We are relying on you and your experience, intelligence,
and creativity to improve customer engagement and achieve
- Speak the language of our core audience: Advisors,
broker-dealers, corporate RIAs, custodians, clearing firms, asset
managers, and compliance departments.
As an employer, we are committed to providing competitive
compensation in alignment with the value, experience, and skillset
our employees bring to their role. The expected total compensation
range for this position is $60k - $80k.
Lesser experience may result in lower compensation and greater
experience may result in greater compensation than the stated
Financial Benefits & Perks
- 4% 401(k) Match. Our employees invest so much in our company
and we love getting to invest in them. The company will match your
contributions dollar-for-dollar, up to 4% of your total annual
- Free Financial Planning Services. By working at a financial
technology company, you get the benefit of fantastic financial
advice. This is offered to all employees wanting expert guidance on
how to handle their money.
Health & Family
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance plans. We want to help keep
you (and your family) healthy! Comprehensive health insurance
options for you & your family.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) or Flexible Spending Accounts
(FSA) available depending on chosen medical plan. We know that
investment risk isn't a one-size-fits all and neither are your
health savings options!
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for either the birth or
adoption of a child. Mom's & Dad's need time with their new family
- Discounted pet insurance available. Pets are family too!!
Time Away & Culture
- 3 weeks vacation & 1 week sick time per year.Take the time you
need for fun or simply time to recover from not feeling well.
- 11 paid company holidays per year. Enjoy your time off; you
- Remote & in-person team building activities help our employees
stay connected and engaged. We absolutely love to hype our people
- Company wide meetings held by our CEO benefit all employees by
keeping everyone in the loop. We are one team, and we tackle
- Employee development is our priority. From leadership training,
to mentorship, to industry resources, we care about progressing you
in your career.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
While you can learn a lot from a job description, you may have more
questions, and that's totally okay! We encourage all individuals
interested in working at Nitrogen to learn more about us by
checking us out on our website and social media platforms:
Keywords: Nitrogen, Sacramento , Renewals Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!