Group Manager - Engineering
Company: Lumos & Associates, Inc.
Location: El Dorado Hills
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The Civil Engineering Group Manager will have the opportunity to
lead our office in El Dorado Hills, CA. This position will have the
freedom, flexibility as well as resources and support of the
organization to develop relationships with clients, identify and
pursue projects and new business through networking opportunities,
manage client projects from start to finish, and recruit, hire and
mentor a multidisciplinary team of engineers and designers.
Success in this role comes from being self-motivated and driven to
grow and build a business and team, having an entrepreneurial
spirit and interest in developing new connections, and an outgoing
personality to build relationships and network.
Keep reading IF:
YOU ARE CHARISMATIC, FRIENDLY, AND APPROACHABLE with clients,
colleagues, and people you have not previously met. You understand
the value of long-term trusted relationships and can effectively
build trust and respect with different personality types for future
business opportunities and partnerships.
YOU HAVE AN ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT AND INSATIABLE DRIVE to grow and
develop a business through your networking and project management
efforts. You are a self-starter and are excited by the idea of
working with clients to determine the right project and to see that
through to fruition.
YOU ARE A NATURAL LEADER WITH A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR who manages
their team with the right balance of accountability, empathy, and
drive to get things done right. You can be relied on for genuine
advice, guidance, and collaboration and strikes the right balance
of working hard for your clients, while also maintaining a
friendly, supportive and at times, light-hearted, work
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and
- Proven expertise in developing and managing new business
opportunities & client proposals required
- Demonstrated experience in municipal infrastructure design
projects required; experience in public works a plus
- Collaborative team player able to lead strategy with persistent
- Self-starter and hungry to lead initiatives that will grow and
expand a business's footprint in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline
driven environment required
- Outstanding results-oriented track record with excellent
time/project management required
- Proven experience successfully building trust, empowering
people/teams, and making cross-functional cooperation happen in a
highly engaged manner required Key Responsibilities
- Identify project opportunities and create and send out detailed
responses to entities who have sent out RFQs or RFPs where Lumos &
Associates would be a competitive option.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Director of Engineering and
other Group Managers to discuss staffing and resources for ongoing
and upcoming projects.
- Manage assigned projects and make sure the projects are
completed on schedule and within budget; leading and managing a
team of engineers, designer(s), and sub consultants.
- Meet with prospective clients/entities regularly to build
trusting relationships for future collaboration. Attend local and
online conferences in the industry to build Lumos & Associates
stature in the Foothills and Greater Sacramento area.
- Travel to the Reno/Carson office to meet colleagues in-person;
Director of Engineering, Engineering team, Human Resources,
Accounting, and Business Development team.
- Generate ideas for how to approach business development and
which entities would be best to begin developing relationships with
for future project work.
- Create a 12-month plan of action to execute relationship
building/networking and goals for project work, and team structure.
- 6+ years' proven experience in civil engineering
consulting/project management position.
- Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering/related
field; master's degree a plus.
- Registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in California a
plus; ability to obtain Professional Civil Engineering license in
California within 6 months of hire date required.
- Proven experience using computer-aided design & drafting
software, AutoCAD and Civil 3D a plus.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience with various programs
including Microsoft Outlook for email, Teams, Excel, and Word.
- Proven experience using Project Information and or Project
- Ability to work Possesses a valid driver's license and a
satisfactory driving record. Benefits
- Company paid medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- Company paid Short/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account with employer contribution
- Flex Spending Account
- 401(K) Plan + company match
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Flex Work Schedule Pay
The compensation range reflects the Company's reasonable
expectation at the time of posting. We consider a number of factors
when making individual compensation decisions including, but not
limited to, skill sets, experience and training, and other business
Keywords: Lumos & Associates, Inc., Sacramento , Group Manager - Engineering, Executive , El Dorado Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!