Physician Associate Director of Medical Operations Sacramento CA
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Overview:Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on
Indeed, that the salary rate/range set forth herein was provided by
Indeed. Concentra's market specific rate/range will be provided
during the interview process.
Associate Leadership Opportunity!
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and worksite
locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving
purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by
delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient,
affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers
(internal and external) first and by displaying:
- A healing focus
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolvePosition SummaryFunctions as a full-time
treating clinician as either a CMD or Market Float and works with
Director of Medical Operations to ensure consistency of clinical
care delivery and market staffing. Assumes CMD responsibilities
within center(s) while acting in ADMO Market Float position. 100%
clinical coverage, treating in centers and Onsites
- Spends 100% of time in a center providing direct patient care,
leading by example, and demonstrating an exceptional patient
- Assumes the role and responsibilities of CMD, whether
functioning in the capacity of CMD at a specific location or in the
capacity of the Market Float.
- Identifies and communicates to DMO opportunities to improve
clinical quality, workflows, and safety at the center and market
- Drives patient and client experience and satisfaction
- Practices excellent service delivery and leads by example.
- Works with DMO and DTO to identify clinical improvement
- Works collaboratively with operations to ensure appropriate
support and work flows that foster a caring environment for
- Maintains and leverages relationships with employers, payers,
referral sources, networks, and local communities to drive market
growth, and responds to requests within 24 hours.
- Mentors and trains future clinical leaders while treating.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration, professionalism,
patient/colleague safety, quality care, continuous improvement and
reward and recognition.
- Assists with or leads clinical meetings for DMO as needed.
- Understands center financial drivers and outcomes in order to
achieve annual business plan.
- Assists DMO, ADO and EA to make staffing adjustments to
unforeseen coverage needs.Scope measures:
- Direct reports: Varies
- Budget responsibility: YesQualifications:Education/credentials:
- Board Certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Current unrestricted medical license in state of jurisdiction
as required for clinical and/or business duties.
- Unrestricted DEA license for state of jurisdiction.
- Medical degree (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree from
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but we are willing
to train otherwise qualified candidates in this area of
- Minimum 5 years directly applicable experience including
relevant clinical and supervisory experience for clinical
- Preferred 3 years experience in managed care and physician
management. Experience developing and leading medical management
and quality improvement programs, preferably in a managed care
- Strong service philosophy, mentality and a focus on achieving
all aspects of defined service standards
- Agrees, supports, and commits to Concentra's core practice
standards and Policies and Procedures.
- Excellent communication skills including speaking,
presentation, listening, telephone, negotiation, business and
medical writing skills necessary to convey information to
supervisors, peers, or customers.
- Demonstrate a high level of skill with interpersonal
relationships and communications.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource principles and practices of
personnel recruitment, selection, coaching and other aspects of
- Proven ability to effectively supervise other
- Skilled in reviewing the clinical work of others according to
professional standards and practice guidelines.
- Ability to supervise, evaluate, coach, and develop staff.
- Fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive
to maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Ability to "put patients first" and enjoys treating
- Superior patient/customer service and "bed side manner"
- Must be a team player in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Demonstrates a value of all contributions to product and
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor (no
arrogance) at all times both to external and internal clients.
- Ability to display high degree of inspiration for team members
to retain focus of providing highest levels of customer
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited,
observed, and reviewed; is positively responsive to feedback.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and
- Basic computer skills, including email.
- Preferred experience with electronic medical record.
- Excellent critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision
- Sense of urgency, accustomed to tight deadlines, fast paced
environment and ability to quickly adapt to change and stressful
- Must be able to perform procedures such as suturing and
- Knowledge of Medicare guidelines and coverage.
- Knowledge of HEDIS quality indicators.
- Maintain licensure and skills.
- Attain and/or maintain board certification.Working
- Medical Center environment
- Fast paced environment
- Travel within area/region of responsibility
Additional Data:BENEFITS SUMMARY:
- Many of our clinics offer working hours M-F, 8 to 5, no nights,
no weekends, no holidays - along with 30+ days off a year.
- Training provided in our best-in-class Occupational Medicine
Process Management Model
- Center Achievement Bonuses
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Plans
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
If you're looking for an organization that cares for your growth
and well-being as much it does its patients, Apply Today!
This position is eligible to earn a base compensation rate in the
range of $243,000 to $292,000 annually depending on job-related
factors as permitted by applicable law, such as level of
experience, geographic location where the work is performed, and/or
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including
Keywords: Concentra, Sacramento , Physician Associate Director of Medical Operations Sacramento CA, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...