Vice President of Sales - Trucks Division
Company: Lion Electric Co.
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Vice President of Sales - Trucks DivisionInnovative manufacturer
of zero-emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we help improve our environment and our
Come build the future with us!
Reporting to the CCO, the VP of Sales is responsible for overseeing
the sales team and the ultimate growth of LION. This position is a
leadership role that will require travel, and excellent
interpersonal and persuasive skills. The VP of Sales will oversee
the daily activities of the Sales team, meet with major clients,
draw up sales reports, design new and more effective sales
strategies, and work to market and promote company products and
services. This individual is responsible for selling, strategizing,
hiring, training, and leading the Sales team as well as developing
and owning relationships with truck fleets throughout the United
As part of your daily work, you would have to:
- Develop Multi-Year Product Specific Growth Strategy,
- Lead Team and Interact with C-Suite Sales Targets,
- Report to Internal C-Suite,
- Develop and Manage High-Level Pipeline,
- Meet Multi-Year Sales Forecasting and Meet & Exceed Sales
- Make sure your team is fully Staffed at 100% at all times,
utilizing a proactive staffing approach,
- Provide training in person and remotely each week for sales and
- Be visionary - be able to paint vision and motivate individuals
and team to common goal,
- Execute a game plan and strategies of the company,
- Mentor and develop future leaders: coach up,
- Be proficient with P&L,
- Be able to Influence Grants and Government Agencies,
- Identify municipal and private fleets that are interested in
deploying Electric Trucks, Class 5 - 8,
- Communicate benefits of all-electric propulsion technology over
conventional: assist fleets with securing public funding for
projects where applicable,
- Author and secure contracts for pilot projects and large
- Work with our staff and after sales team to oversee the
production, delivery, and deployment of vehicles,
- Execute any other related tasks.If you read our description
this far, it means you're interested! Read on---What you need to
succeed in this position:Education and experience
- Currently has a bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant
- 10+ years experience in Outside Business to Business Sales in
Trucks, National Accounts, Sustainability Industry or B2B.
- 5+ years experience as a Proven-Sales Leader - direct
- Knowledge and industry business development experience in
trucking industry, electric vehicle, or advanced clean
transportation industry, ITS or related industries through B2B
- Must be a Master Recruiter - proven system.
- Must be a World-Class Sales Trainer - proven examples.
- Must be a Great Motivator.
- Must be a Proven Executor.
- Must be able to Develop Future Leaders - proven examples.
- Preferred P&L Proficiency.
- Preferred experience working with Grant and Funding
Agencies.Specific skills and/or Abilities
- Documented-Proven track record, and ability to Close
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, prioritize, and close:
- Experience selling to Fleet Managers, government,
municipalities, B2B. (Influence Grants & Government Agencies).
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the community including
PTA boards, School boards, city councils, utilities, etc.
- Ability to set sales objectives, forecast sales, and complete
- Proven experience in influencing and leading.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Public speaking experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with both functional staff and
C-suite level staff.
- Be required to travel.
- Be able to work in an innovative context.
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of the company's products and
- Possesses knowledge of competitive products and markets.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively.
- Exhibits awareness of best sales practices and methods.
- Works well with a team.
- Demonstrates patience with reluctant or frustrated
- Exhibits familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point,
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Possesses strong persuasive abilities.
- Demonstrates solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Maintains a professional but confident and outgoing
- Conducts independent research.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills.Languages (fluent and
- English - Full Fluency.IT Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft
Dynamics 365 (CRM) or an equivalent.
Keywords: Lion Electric Co., Sacramento , Vice President of Sales - Trucks Division, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...