Director of Sales
Company: Fairfield Inn & Suites Natomas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Director of Sales-Select Service has direct oversight of sales
and marketing operations for a Select Service hotel. This role has
the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to
maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit
objectives. This individual will oversee operations of the hotel
sales department including but not limited to direct sales
follow-up sales administration hiring of staff training managing
and coaching. Additional responsibilities include sales and
marketing budget forecast advertising marketing and business plans
for no more than one Select Service hotel; manages within approved
plans and budgets. Management-level associates are expected to work
as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience
preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of
related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years
of related experience
- Must have a valid driver's license in the applicable
- Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication
skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other
managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills:
opening probing supporting closing
- Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in
establishing appropriate sales deployment
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially
Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage
- Strong organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people
of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds
while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations; maintain
composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations
and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
- Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual
budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales
plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and
food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds
management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
- Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and
- Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to
negotiate terms therein.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to
predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends
within your market.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality's established regulations
company standards sales standards and sales metrics related.
- Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team
goals and budgeted metrics.
- Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and
capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies
of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry
- Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any
other functions required by management providing training on a
- Maintains professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with
respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments
(i.e. Second Wave Aimbridge Digital or Branded field
- Travel on a weekly basis as required.
- Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her
absence; performing any other duties as requested by
Business and leisure visitors will appreciate our location near
Sacramento International Airport, we offer 24 hour complimentary
airport shuttle and are the closest Marriott hotel to the Airport.
Guests will find it easy to settle into our vibrant lobby, with
spaces to gather, relax and work, and jump-start their day with our
free breakfast, free Wi-Fi. We offer easy access to attractions
such as historic Old Town Sacramento where you can enjoy great
dining, shopping and other popular attractions such as the State
Capitol, State Railroad Museum and Crocker Art Museum. After doing
business in downtown or nearby West Sacramento, Woodland,
Roseville, Davis, or Folsom, guests can enjoy our outdoor pool &
spa, patio, the 24-hour fitness center, and a 24-hour business
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time
positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
Keywords: Fairfield Inn & Suites Natomas, Sacramento , Director of Sales, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!