Food & Beverage Manager - Luxury Downtown Hotel- $58,000
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Food & Beverage Manager is responsible for assuring
attentive friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B
Outlets Room Service Lounge and Banquets (as applicable by hotel)
while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost.
He/she is also responsible for continually working towards
improving Restaurant Room Service Bar/Lounge Starbucks (or other
comparable outlet) quick-serve outlet pool bar and/or any other
applicable outlet and Banquet sales (as applicable by hotel)
revenues to exceed budget. Exempt associates are expected to work
as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities.Exempt managers must customarily and regular
direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their
equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of
related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year
of related experience.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and
resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitalitys standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitalitys standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Be familiar with the organization of the hotel and know the
function of each department.
- Ensure training of all Food and Beverage/Banquet personnel
using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge
- Maintain follow-through of all guest requests problems
complaints and/or accidents which occur in the Restaurant Room
Service Lounge or Banquets.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all F&B personnel
according to company S.O.P.s.
- Review F&B staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and
submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the
Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist
in his/her placement as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide training on a
rotational basis using the steps to effective training according to
- Prepare and conduct F&B interviews and follow hiring
procedures according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Prepare employee shift schedule according to the business
forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
Present the schedule with the Wage Progress Report to the G.M.
- Ensure that wage progress and productivity reports are
completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual employee performance appraisals
according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitalitys policies
and house rules.
- Assist in developing and ensure implementation of Food and
Beverage promotional ideas.
- Ensure all beverage costs are maintained to meet budget.
- Focus the F&B Department on their role in contributing to
the guest service scores.
- Ensure compliance to company training using the steps to
effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitalitys
- Maintain company S.O.P.'s regarding purchase orders vouchering
of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Develop initiate and promote sales including up selling
programs for use by all service personnel.
- Ensure Aimbridge Hospitalitys service standards are maintained
throughout the Food and Beverage/Banquet Department.
- Participate in required M.O.D. coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate all necessary F&B-related reports according to
- Complete all Food and Beverage forecasting and budgeting in a
timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that F&B employees are at all times attentive
friendly helpful and courteous to guests all other employees and
- Ensure that the quarterly operating equipment inventory is done
pars are evaluated and quarterly purchases are planned.
- Maintain all Aimbridge Hospitalitys S.O.P.'s concerning credit
- React to negative trends in market place by implementing food
and beverage blitzes and promotions.
- Organize and conduct monthly department meetings with
restaurant and lounge and/or outlets staff and weekly F&B
meeting according to Aimbridge Hospitalitys standards.
- Attend daily BEO meeting.
- Conduct beverage purchasing as needed. May share responsibility
with Purchasing Manager.
- Purchase Food & Beverage operating equipment as needed.
- Conduct monthly beverage inventories and reconciliations.
- Ensure that the quality and presentation of all food products
are according to Aimbridge Hospitalitys standard.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open
lines of communication with managers employees and other
- Oversee the operations of the Banquet department (as applicable
- Use the hotel's P.O.S. sstem to print reports. Analyze reports
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Complete monthly menu analysis and submit to the Corporate
Office (as applicable by hotel).
- Monitor and follow up on Food and Beverage Outlets cash
overages and shortages.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Director and Director of Security
and/or Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with
documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports
and tracking logs.
- Complete all required correspondence in a timely and efficient
- Attend monthly all-employee meetings and any other functions
required by management.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide
a motivating influence and seek input regarding food and beverage
issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive
communication exists between the Food & Beverage and Food
- Perform P.O.S. changes in menus or additions/deletions of
servers as necessary.
- Handle items for Lost and Found according to the
- Maintain required pars of all stock.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager
and/or Director of Food & Beverage. The Hyatt Centric Sacaramento
features a beautiful historical exterior and is situated in the
heart of the vibrant redevelopment of downtown Sacramento, directly
adjacent to the brand new Golden 1 Arena.The building represents an
important part of downtown Sacramentos rich past and its promising
future. It was first opened in 1911 as the Hotel Clayton and then
by its more common name, the Marshall Hotel. Today, the Marshall
Hotel is listed as a landmark on the citys register of historic and
cultural resources. The Marshall Hotel was more than just a place
to stay, it was an integral part of the downtown Jazz scene from
the late 1920s to the early 1950s. The Clayton Club, located on the
ground floor, featured legendary acts such as Louis Armstrong,
Billie Holliday, and Cab Calloway.Maintaining the building's
historic integrity and cultural legacy, the new 172-room lifestyle
boutique hotel's interior design will draw inspiration from the
area's rich jazz history which will be reflected in the
architecture and interior design concept throughout the common
areas including lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge.As the global
leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio
represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22 countries,
from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination
resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are
passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional
results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be
the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-195283 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 1122 7th St
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Sacramento , Food & Beverage Manager - Luxury Downtown Hotel- $58,000, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!