Operations Manager - HBI Academy
Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Posted on: January 24, 2023
HBI has been training and educating America's home construction
workforce for more than 40 years. Our proven business model has
helped countless individuals create long-term career opportunities.
Over the years, we have continued to build our program offerings
and expand our footprint in the construction industry. From
innovative initiatives to creative partnerships, we remain
committed to building careers and changing lives.Our programs teach
highly sought-after technical construction trades and
entrepreneurship to youth aged 16-24 in our Job Corps programs,
Military Services, our Academies, and programs for adults and youth
operating behind the fence in correctional facilities.HBI is
seeking an Operations Manager, Primary Duties and responsibilities
are as follows:
- Recruits and hires WTE RPCs, RCDCs, Recruiters and
- Supervises WTE Instructors, Recruiters, RPCs, RCDCs, and the
overall vocational training activities of programs assigned.
- Acts as a liaison between HBI and funding agencies and
- Prepares and manages instructional and operational budgets for
each center assigned.
- Evaluates job performance and completes performance evaluations
- Evaluates the performance of the WTE training programs and
ensures that they meet the minimum criteria as established by HBI
and funding agencies or organizations.
- Coordinates new employee paperwork, orientation, and training
with the national office departments.
- Manages the flow of all student enrollment and placement
paperwork with data processing and ensures the accuracy of reports
- Resolves all conflicts with the funding agencies and partners
at a local level, to the extent possible, and communicates these
conflicts to the Associate Vice President.
- Handles all personnel matters in a discreet and confidential
manner, consulting with the Associate Vice President before any
disciplinary action is taken with any HBI employee.
- Enforces all HBI and contractual established policies and
procedures that apply to staff.
- Monitors and evaluates approved projects designed by the
funding agency or program partners.
- Identifies all needs of the WTE programs assigned and
communicates those needs to the Associate Vice President for
- Makes use of WTE staff in fulfilling the needs of the WTE
assigned programs and ensures quality training and placement.
- Acts as an ambassador of HBI and promotes the growth of the WTE
programs, reporting all requests for expansion to the Associate
Vice President for consideration and follow-up.
- Maintains knowledge of equal employment opportunity and other
legal job requirements by attending seminars and/or workshops, and
by reviewing professional and other publications.
- Assumes responsibility in promoting teamwork and coordinating
WTE training and placement activities among various HBI departments
and individual employees.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out -of state (up to
- Performs related duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or an equivalent
combination of skills, training, and
- Minimum 5 years' experience supervising a large staff which
includes performance management, recruiting/hiring, training, and
coaching. (Management of remote staff preferred.)
- Minimum 3 years in program management. Vocational program
management preferred but not required.
- Knowledge in execution of Community Development Block Grant
(CDBG) programing and compliance.
- Ability to conduct off-site managerial duties i.e., crisis
management, conduct on-site managerial duties (i.e. safety
assessments and evaluation of skills training, need to possess the
ability to manage multiple sites simultaneously.)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals
and groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of
media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other
groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship development and management
- Excellent conflict management and resolution skills.
- Proven experience in budget preparation and expenditure
monitoring and control.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Office and databases.
- Must possess a current valid state drivers' license.HBI offers
a competitive salary and benefits program. HBI is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other
protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Sacramento , Operations Manager - HBI Academy, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!