Safety and Protection Manager
Company: International Rescue Committee
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Requisition ID: req35273Job Title: Safety and Protection
ManagerSector: Safety & SecurityEmployment Category:
RegularEmployment Type: Full-TimeOpen to Expatriates: No
Location: Sacramento, CA USA
Job DescriptionIRC Background: The mission of the International
Rescue Committee (IRC) is to help people whose lives and
livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive,
recover and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933, the IRC
has 25 offices in the United States and a presence in over 40
countries. The IRC in Sacramento helps newly arrived refugees and
other low-income individuals through a continuum of case
management, economic development, youth services, immigration, and
food security and community health programs. The Safety and
Protection department works with some of our most at-risk clients
including survivors of trafficking and unaccompanied minors.Job
Overview: The Safety and Protection Manager oversees the strategy,
development, implementation, and completion of all grants,
contracts and activities related to the Safety and Protection
department including our survivors of trafficking and unaccompanied
minors programs. Responsibilities include supervision of all staff
to ensure compliance with program requirements, grant development
and management. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:Oversight of
- Effectively manage the development, implementation, compliance,
and closure of all grants and contracts within the department.
- Responsible for the development of grant proposals and reports
related to all areas grants and contracts within the
- Monitor the provision of services through regular and
systematic case file reviews, and quality assurance protocols
including data QA to ensure compliance with donor requirements and
provision of quality services.
- Oversee department program budget and manage expenses to ensure
costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
- Responsible for tracking finances and program budgets,
reporting, and grant compliance of programs falling under the scope
of Safety and Protection; oversee related sub-grants, monitor
sub-awardees, and ensure timely and accurate services and
- Develop and manage a system to track and monitor program
efficiency and outcomes, including screening tools. Design client
satisfaction surveys, program evaluation and outcome tracking
tools. Track data and write programmatic reports. Staff Supervision
and Other Responsibilities
- Work as part of the IRC Sacramento's overall leadership team to
build capacity and strategy for the office; participate in
leadership team meetings, staff training, and provide community
- Work with IRC Sacramento leadership and IRC Technical Advisors
to develop, implement, and monitor programs and services that serve
the needs of at-risk clients including survivors of trafficking and
- Manage department team members; formally evaluate team and
individual performance to ensure objectives have been met.
- Provide professional development opportunities for staff and
ensure internal and external trainings align with staff interests
and development areas.
- Recruit and train staff in all aspects of programs
- Oversee the strategic development of partnerships in the
community that will enhance and streamline relevant service
provision; Maintain current partnerships; Represent IRC in public,
professional and governmental forums, advocating for client needs
within the community.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information
sharing for monthly newsletters, program reports, etc.
- Other duties as Assigned Key Working Relationships: Position
Reports to: Senior Protection and Wellness Manager Position
directly supervises: Safety and Protection staffOther Internal
and/or external contacts: Internal: Collaborate closely with other
departments where there is overlap in client caseload, including
communication with other department managers. Coordinate with
Finance, Community Relations and Development teams as
needed.External: Community-based organizations, employers, and
workforce agencies. Job Requirements:
- University degree (four year, B.A.) required; graduate degree
in social work, international affairs, or human services related
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, including 2 years of
oversight of relevant work
- Experience with program management including staff management,
program development, and monitoring and evaluation required.
- Fundraising and grant writing experience preferred. Prior
reporting experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that
reflects IRC's core values of service, accountability, integrity,
and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC's
work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of
individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and
- Strong commitment to ensuring the success of the IRC mission
while adhering to the values of service, accountability, integrity,
and equality as defined in the IRC Way
- Strong analytical and training skills; excellent written and
oral communication skills.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing
multiple priorities, making critical decisions, and delivering
results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Solid diplomacy, relationship building and networking skills;
ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships,
including community stakeholders and donors.
- Demonstrated success achieving goals and communicating
effectively a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a
second language desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with MS Office
applications, with strong command of Excel Working Environment:
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and
'field' time within the service delivery area to perform the above
- Offices hours are scheduled as Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5pm.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Stable Wi-Fi with hybrid model COVID-19 Vaccination
Requirement: In accordance with IRC's duty to provide and maintain
a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to
safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities,
IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish
proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for
this position. Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is
committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of
inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who
can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal. Equal
Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender
expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform essential
job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. US
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of
benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays,
20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical
insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per
month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and
commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately
vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee
Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their
families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and
mental health struggles. #LI-GR1
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: International Rescue Committee, Sacramento , Safety and Protection Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!