Vice President of Administration
Company: Los Rios Community College District
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Job Posting Title
Vice President of Administration
Los Rios Community College District (Folsom Lake College)
Established in 2004 as the fourth college in the Los Rios Community
College District, Folsom Lake College (FLC) is a vibrant teaching
and learning institution serving over 8,800 ethnically and racially
diverse students each semester. The College and its two educational
centers, the El Dorado Center in Placerville (EDC) and the Rancho
Cordova Center (RCC), serve the rapidly growing areas of both
eastern Sacramento and western El Dorado counties, forming a
dynamic learning community committed to academic excellence,
innovation, and educational equity.
Our mission is focused on a rigorous educational program with a
strong focus on student success. We provide a broad range of
academic programs, student support services, learning modalities
(including online and hybrid courses), as well as opportunities for
student engagement and leadership. We also incorporate the newest
technologies for innovative classroom instruction, including
collaboration with The Innovation Center Makerspace at the main
The main Folsom campus also includes the Harris Center for the
Arts, a state of the art visual and performing arts venue. The
Center presents a diverse program of arts, culture, and
entertainment that engages the entire region. It is also home to
FLC's Visual and Performing Arts education programs, as well as
local arts organizations and community partners, who embrace the
opportunity to perform and learn in a world-class facility.
FLC provides educational environments designed to empower, inspire,
and enrich our diverse student population, including students from
historically underrepresented and underserved populations. Our
College awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees, as well as
Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into
California State Universities and numerous private and non-profit
four-year colleges and universities. We also offer Career Education
(CE) certificates and degrees and transfer credit for students who
wish to continue their education at a four-year college or
Our Commitment to Social Justice and Equity
FLC believes that education should belong to everyone. To nourish
this inclusion, we champion equity, diversity, social justice, and
environmental sustainability as foundational to academic, campus,
and community life. We work with the communities we serve toward
just and fair inclusion into a society in which all people can
participate, prosper, and reach their full potential. We commit to
equity-driven decision-making, planning, and reflective processes
that are responsive to the diverse identities and experiences in
Under the general direction of the College President, and in
consultation with college and district leadership and appropriate
college constituencies, the Vice President of Administration (VPA)
leads and administers: the preparation and oversight of the college
budget in cooperation with other Vice Presidents; the business
operations of the college; classified personnel services; the
college building and facility development and maintenance program;
coordinates with the district for the purchase of equipment,
supplies, and properties for the college; the enterprise operations
of the college; and works cooperatively with the management team
and the district staff in all areas of responsibility in support of
a positive work environment, institutional effectiveness, and
The VPA provides primary advice and counsel to the college
leadership team, to assure resource allocations are consistent with
college planning; there is accountability for, and assessment of,
organizational structures and processes; leads campus-wide
emergency response; coordinates and implements the district's risk
management program and all programs related to health and safety of
employees; and supervises and evaluates assigned staff.
The VPA is a member of and works collaboratively with: the
President's Executive Team; President's Administrative Team;
President's Management Team; and the District and College Vice
Presidents of Administration.
The VPA maintains a commitment to diversity and sensitivity to the
educational and personal goals of a diverse student body and staff,
and also supports equity driven decision-making, planning, and
reflective processes that are responsive to the diverse identities
and experiences of our community.
The VPA has oversight of the administrative services staff at the
main campus and two centers, and direct supervisory
responsibilities for the Director of Administrative Services,
Business Services Supervisor, and College Information Technology
(IT) Systems Supervisor.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Co-chairing the Budget and Facilities Planning Committee along
with an appointed faculty member; working with budgetary units in
the development of the college budget within district policies,
regulations, and formulas, consistent with college
- Monitoring the college budget to ensure expenditures are within
- Assuring appropriate reserve levels to address short- and
long-term needs and year-to-year carryover.
- Providing written and oral reports to the College President,
District, college management team, constituency leaders, and
college faculty and staff as required.
- Advising the College President in matters pertaining to
financial and business activities.
- Serving on the District Budget Committee.
- Overseeing the purchasing processes.
- Determining office hours of operations and staffing
- Ensuring appropriate internal control procedures.
- Maintaining vendor relations and adherence to vendor
- Reviewing contracts and grant paperwork for compliance with
- Assuring record retention consistent with state law.
- Maintaining college campus trust fund accounts-sundry and club
- Serving as the classified personnel officer in charge of
classified staffing, supervision, evaluation, and discipline
processes for the college.
- Overseeing temporary classified hiring and adherence to
- Proposing staff changes or additions with consideration of
recommendations from college and center managers and the Classified
Hiring Priorities Committee.
- Analyzing and making recommendations on staffing levels and
- Serving as the College administrator for classified collective
bargaining contracts, and the Classified Professional Development
- Providing leadership in the effort to ensure diversity and
cultural inclusiveness in the administrative services functions of
- Serving on the College on the District Reclassification Review
- Overseeing information technology and media services
- Coordinating and implementing college technology and
- Serving as the college's Information Security Officer.
- Serving on the District Information Security Officers and
Information Technology planning committees.
- Overseeing the development of, and adherence to, the College
Facility Master Plan.
- Participating with District staff in the development and
implementation of the college's capital outlay plans, working
within District processes for selection and oversight of
architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Serving as the primary resource to college planning committees
for individual building projects.
- Assuring college facilities and grounds are
- Overseeing the scheduling and rentals of college
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of
the college's environmental sustainability plans and programs.
- Coordinating with District officials in fiscal oversight,
overseeing contractors, and chairing regular operational meetings
for the Harris Center for the Arts.
- Coordinating with District officials in the oversight of the
college/district bookstore contract; working directly with the
vendor to assure the success of the bookstore in meeting faculty
and student needs.
- Coordinating with District officials in the oversight of the
college/district food services contract; working directly with the
vendor to assure the success of the program for the college.
Safe and Secure Working Environment:
- Defining and managing the college's buildings and offices, keys
and electronic locking system balancing, ease of access, and use
with the need for safety and security.
- Coordinating and implementing the district's risk management
program and all programs related to the safety of employees and
- Assuring implementation of environmental and 504/ADA compliance
- Providing counsel regarding district police services support to
the college, and serving as college liaison to the police
- Serving as the College Safety Officer responsible for
developing, coordinating, and exercising college emergency response
capability, to include serving as the Director of the College
Emergency Operations Center (EOC) and familiarity with Student
Emergency Medical Services (SEMS) and National Incident Management
System (NIMS) protocols.
- Serving as Chair of the Safety Committee and on the District
Preparedness Assessment Team (PAT).
- Supporting the accreditation process of the college.
- Understanding and committing to the mission of a comprehensive
- Fostering new and innovative ideas.
- Supporting and advancing the college diversity, equity, and
- Committing to strategic planning; providing support for the
alignment of resources with the college plan.
- Understanding project planning and coordination, continuous
process improvement, and accountability measures.
- Practicing a participatory leadership style with creativity and
flexibility in problem-solving.
- Working collaboratively within the college and at the District
- Establishing mutually enriching relationships with other
constituencies, within and external to the college.
- Promoting a participatory decision-making approach; leading by
creating an atmosphere of trust and open communication.
Performing other duties as assigned.
The assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus
Total Hrs per Week/Day
1. Have a master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance,
Business Management or related field and three years of
administrative experience; OR, have a bachelor's degree in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related field
and a Certified Public Accountant's license and three years of
administrative experience; OR, have a bachelor's degree in
Business, Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related
field, and five years of progressively responsible management
experience in the areas of responsibility related to this position.
All degrees much be from an accredited institution completed by
June 5, 2023.
2. One year of formal training, internship, or leadership
experience reasonably related to the administrator's administrative
3.. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to
and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds of community college students, including those with
physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in
learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive
educational and employment environment.
Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty
discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications for
faculty disciplines, refer to Minimum Qualifications for Faculty
and Administrators' in California Community Colleges which can be
found at the website then "Minimum Qualifications Handbook".
Applicants applying to this position are REQUIRED to complete and
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
- Applications submitted without all required documents, listed
above, will be disqualified.
- Applicants indicating "see resume" on the application will not
have that referenced experience considered for minimum
qualifications, which may lead to the application being
- Applicants, including current Los Rios Community College
District employees, are required to provide official transcripts,
if required to meet the minimum qualifications for the
- Applicants are required to submit official transcripts within
60 days of the time of hire.
- Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be
accepted as official transcripts.
- Individuals who have completed college or university course
work at an institution in a country other than the United States
must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees,
and other relevant documents.
- A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign
course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary
placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a
college or university in the United States.
- Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE
(Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or
NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services)
agencies or evaluators. For additional information on foreign
transcript evaluations .
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
$172,069 to $186,253 per year.
Additional Salary Information
Additional stipend for an earned doctorate from an accredited
Posting Detail Information
Beginning and/or Ending Dates
Full-time, Classified Management Position
Beginning on or about July 1, 2023.
How and where to apply
Please visit our for complete information on how to apply online
with our District. If you need assistance with any phase of the
application process, please call (916) 568-3112 during regular
business hours 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday through
After hour inquiries should be emailed to HR@losrios.edu.
Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m., of the posting
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance
from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and
proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional
qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur.
When education is a requirement for the position, official academic
transcripts from the accredited college/university must be
submitted within 60 days of hire.
For the latest information on the COVID Vaccine mandate, please
visit the informational page.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates
selected for a face-to-face interview may be eligible to apply for
partial reimbursement of travel expenses. For candidate travel
reimbursement information, .
Administrative positions may be subject to the District's Conflict
of Interest Code, and a statement of economic interest is required
within thirty (30) days following appointment to the position.
Management/Executive positions are exempt from overtime provisions
of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Can you perform the essential functions of the position you are
applying to with or without reasonable accommodations?
I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the
question below, I certify that the information provided by me is
true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and
on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from
liability all persons and organizations furnishing such
information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or
misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if
applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for
disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of
an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to
complete the form "Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime",
P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed
pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). If needed
click on the link and download the form
https://losrios.edu/lrccd/shared/doc/hr/forms/p-881.pdf and attach
the completed form to your application.
- Yes, I acknowledge and agree
- No, I do not acknowledge or agree
- No answer
I acknowledge and agree that I have read, that I understand and I
meet the minimum qualifications for this position. I understand
that I am required to provide official transcripts, if required to
meet the minimum qualifications for the position, within 60 days
from the time of hire. I also understand that individuals who have
completed college or university course work at an institution in a
country other than the United States must obtain a complete
evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and other relevant
documents. For additional information on foreign transcript
Considering this specific position that you are applying to -
where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- LRCCD Resource Group - Comunidad
- D'Primeramano Magazine
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Human Resources
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- LRCCD Resource Group - Asian Pacific Islander Legacy
- LRCCD Resource Group - Black Faculty & Staff Association
- LRCCD Resource Group - Native American Collaborative
- LRCCD Resource Group - Spectrum (LGBTQIA+)
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Works
- The HUB
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Employee Request for Transfer Form
Keywords: Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento , Vice President of Administration, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!