Manager - IT Project Manager
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: January 23, 2023
TITLE: Manager - IT Project Manager STATUS: EXEMPT DEPARTMENT:
IT- Planning and Governance Admin REPORTS TO: VP, IT Planning and
Governance JOB CODE: 11302 PAY SCALE: $125,000.00 - $150,100.00
ANNUALLY GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The IT Project Management Office (IT
PMO) Manager supports Senior Leadership and the information
technology project portfolio in ensuring strategic alignment,
governance control, resource management, value management, change
management, and continuous improvement. The IT PMO Manager leads a
team of professionals including Sr. Project Managers, Project
Managers, Scrum Leaders, and Analysts and is responsible for the
oversight of portfolios, resource management, and underlying
projects. This position establishes and maintains the IT PMO
governance framework, portfolio and project management standards,
resource oversight, master release schedule, and delivery standards
in support of credit union strategic goals. TASKS, DUTIES,
- Refine, monitor, and maintain IT PMO framework and program
capabilities of Ideate and Plan, Manage and Govern, Execute and
Guide, Monitor and Improve in collaboration with credit union
Leadership, IT and EPMO Management.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain IT PMO standards, procedures,
reporting, and metrics in collaboration with IT leadership and EPMO
- Manage IT PMO roadmap of in-flight and planned initiatives to
identify and resolve potential dependencies, gaps, and inadequacies
in IT capabilities (e.g., resources, skillsets, funding, etc.) and
ensure alignment with organization and credit union strategic
- Serve as an escalation resource for Project Managers and Scrum
Leaders to resolve issues and mitigate portfolio risks and
impediments. Provide stakeholder escalation and stakeholder
- Support Portfolio Managers and Sponsor in ensuring projects and
initiatives brought forward to established governance committees
align with strategic goals, objectives, and investment funding.
Review and prepare committee materials.
- Interview, hire, onboard, develop, and deploy qualified
portfolio and project management professionals and provide access
to tools needed to assist EPMO staff and project teams in the
execution of portfolio initiatives
- Direct, develop, coach, mentor, and motivate IT PMO staff to
take accountability and positive action for their assigned work.
Provide focus and direction to staff to achieve established goals
and defined deadlines.
- Monitor performance, assist employees with developing and
achieving performance goals, and conduct performance evaluations.
Interact with Human Resources on employee matters to provide
support, direction, and resolution.
- Develop and maintain Risk Management guidelines in
collaboration with credit union leadership and IT Management.
- Develop and maintain Quality guidelines in collaboration with
credit union leadership and IT Management. TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS
- Track value metrics for in-flight and planned initiatives to
confirm projects and programs are providing anticipated benefits to
- Develop and maintain Change Management processes to alert and
prepare impacted business units of upcoming changes in
- Develop and maintain resource management for IT, as well as
master schedule for all major platforms
- Maintain key "lessons learned" for use in future initiatives
and strategic planning.
- Assist Senior Leadership as needed and perform other related
duties as assigned.
- Participate in regulatory examinations, as well as with
internal and external audits.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Excellent leadership, portfolio and project management skills,
and organizational change management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including
presentation and facilitation skills to interact with executive and
senior leaders, members, and credit union staff.
- Able to negotiate vendor agreements and oversee vendor
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment,
such as personal computer, multi-use copiers and telephone.
- Must be self-directed, able to work on own initiative.
- Proficient in project management software and Project Portfolio
Management (PPM) tools.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines; may be
required to work extended hours to complete tasks.
- Carry and respond to smartphone. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS &
RELATIONSHIPS: INTERNAL: All levels of staff and management,
including Senior Management.
- EXTERNAL: Members, vendors, suppliers, government agencies,
credit union industry associations and peers at other financial
- QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration, Accounting, Management Information Systems or
Computer Science is strongly preferred. Advanced Degree in Business
Administration or other related area is preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum eight years of portfolio and / or project
experience required, including experience managing complex projects
end-to-end, preferably in a financial institution. Experience
managing programs required. Experience managing and leading a team
of professional level staff is required.
- Knowledge of financial products and services, especially as it
relates to various delivery channels preferred.
- Knowledge of existing credit union products, services, and
overall operational guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of business analytical practices and
methodologies and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong research, analytical, planning, and organizational
- Customer-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and
- Supportive of all decisions, choices, goals, and objectives as
determined by IT Senior Leadership and Executive Leadership.
- Proven ability to evaluate key business objectives and develop
appropriate action plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially MS Teams,
MS Project, MS Excel, MS Visio, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to use logical reasoning when making objective
observations, examinations, evaluations, and recommendations.
- Familiarity with common contractual language and contract
negotiation. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs. as may be required.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- May require long work hours to accomplish tasks.
- Occasional travel may be required locally, statewide, and
throughout the United States to attend seminars and vendor group
meetings. Overnight travel and evening schedules included.
- Prolonged use of telephone to accomplish tasks.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Project Management Professional (PMP) and
(PfMP) certifications from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
or Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) from the
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) required. THIS
JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY
DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THIS EMPLOYEE. HE OR SHE WILL BE REQUIRED
TO FOLLOW OTHER INSTRUCTIONS A ND TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES REQUESTED
BY HIS OR HER SUPERVISOR THAT ARE WITHIN HIS / HER KNOWLEDGE, SKILL
AND ABILITY AS WELL AS HIS / HER MENTAL AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES.
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Manager - IT Project Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!