Associate Account Management II
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Manage business processes that support achieving and maintaining
optimal business position in order to sustain and grow membership.
Provide support to group Account Management client servicing
functions and preparation of information to existing accounts to
ensure deadlines are met and a timely response given to inquiries.
Create sales opportunities through targeted external customer
facing enrollment activities, effective relationships with
brokers/consultants and front line benefit contacts, to increase
membership, build support for KP, and enhance group customer
loyalty and retention. Monitor and maintain data integrity within
sales systems, accounts and book of business in order to improve
external communication, sales performance, and book of business
management. Essential Responsibilities:
- Track, monitor and ensure that contracts, pricing and
membership accounting have accurate information and implement the
negotiated terms of the final renewal with focus on business
- Manage the process of resolving complicated and sensitive
employer-initiated concerns in order to build purchaser loyalty and
- Understand account strategy, goals, and financial
- Coordinate the flow of information in order to keep the process
moving to meet strategic objectives.
- Through ongoing account contacts, identify situations that may
signal opportunities for growth for KP and alert account
- Identify and act on enrollment opportunities including:
presentations; benefit fairs; health fairs; and Q & A
- Identify and report trends and/or systematic issues within a
book-of-business as they become apparent and provide solutions and
possible opportunities for growth.
- Identify knowledge network key resources and link capability to
account strategy and service issues.
- Participate in Account Strategy sessions and work on targeted
accounts in conjunction with the Account Manager.
- Act as the primary point of contact for group customer contacts
as related to contracts, benefits, rates or renewal
- Understand the customers business and business challenges. Know
customers Human Resources and Benefits staff and how decisions get
- Create and increase credibility by demonstrating knowledge of
each customers unique benefit package.
- Employ appropriate sales systems to accurately maintain account
- Ensure accurate enrollment process, payment arrangements and
contract is understood, agreed to and met.
- Collect specific business information and competitive data
required for account strategies by established deadlines.
- Ensure accurate and complete data is entered into correct
- Review data and alert account manager to outliers or potential
- Ensure timely submission of reports as directed by the account
- If Small Business Unit:
- Accountable for business processes and administrative
requirements to support assigned accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with front line business
owners in support of assigned Account Manager.
- Assist with in-field demonstrations and teachings to employers
and brokers on KP online technology to facilitate maximization of
all KP online tools.
- Explain and negotiate complex underwriting methodology with
client and advisors.
- If Cross Regional/Multi-State:
- Collaborate in the coordination cross regional growth
- Participate in interregional account teams to coordinate
renewals and ensure creation of a single uniform presentation.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in sales, telemarketing,
customer service in an office setting, claims, or marketing.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, finance, business administration
or related degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED)
- Experience using customer service skills with the ability to
articulate and respond to issues.
- Experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office
programs and use of client databases.
- Experience using effective verbal and written communication
- Experience in strong interpersonal, presentation, and
- Demonstrated record of meeting individual business
- Proficiency in computer and analytic skills. Preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in sales, account management or
health plan administration in healthcare or health insurance
- Background experience in brokerage/consultant, insurance
carrier, TPA, or benefits administration provides an
- One (1) year of experience with employee group benefits.
- One (1) year of experience in underwriting processes,
healthcare products, and contracts.
- Demonstrated understanding of current/future trends and changes
in healthcare/health insurance laws/regulations.
- Demonstrated understanding of competitors strengths, weaknesses
and strategies. COMPANY: KAISERTITLE: Associate Account Management
IILOCATION: Sacramento, CaliforniaREQNUMBER: 1114507External hires
must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with
arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment
in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws,
including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Sacramento , Associate Account Management II, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!