Senior Manager, Communications
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Senior Manager of Communications, BioProductionThermo Fisher
Scientifics Mission is to enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer. We are fulfilling this Mission every
day by helping customers respond to global pandemics, find cures
for cancer, deliver better healthcare outcomes, protect the
environment, make sure our food and water are safe and develop
other scientific breakthroughs that improve millions of lives
around the world!How will you make an impact?In this role, you will
develop and execute on communications strategies for Thermo Fishers
bioproduction business, which supports developers and manufacturers
of vaccines and therapies with a portfolio of premium solutions and
services. The BioProduction work has contributed to COVID-19
vaccines and critical therapies for cancer among other diseases.We
are looking for a strong communications professional who has
experience in both internal and external communications programs.
We want an innovator and storyteller who can use their strategic
communication skills, love of words and passion for helping others
to develop messages that are moving and motivating -- reinforcing
to audiences that what we do as a company truly makes a difference
in the world.As a well-rounded and experienced communications
professional, you will bring your leadership in executive
communications, organizational change, storytelling, content
development and integrated communications campaigns to reach both
internal and external audiences using appropriate channels and
tactics. Reporting to the Senior Director, Communications for
BioProduction, you will work in partnership with the Division
presidents and other cross functional leadership partners to engage
employees, protect and advance the companys reputation and amplify
awareness of BioProductions innovations and products.As part of the
broader Thermo Fisher Scientific communications team, we thrive on
our close collaboration and partnership, diverse perspectives,
quality communications and a passion for excellence! We strive to
help all audiences, whether employees, customers or the public,
feel pride in working at or doing business with our company. We
bring our Mission to life by ensuring relevant and engaging
communications reach the right audience at the right time, and we
work as a cohesive team to achieve that goal. In addition to being
an integral member of the Communications team, you will partner
with specific divisions, businesses and functions to proactively
develop tailored messaging and narratives, serve as the strategic
communications advisor and ensure the right information is shared
with internal and external audiences through a formal
communications strategy and plan.Essential Duties
- Build, implement and measure success of communications and
strategies to help drive employee engagement across the division
and increase external visibility.
- Serve as a key communications leader on business communications
programs and initiatives.
- Help develop content for various communication channels,
including town hall presentations, leadership messages, manager
communication decks, intranet, videos, press releases, etc.
- Provide executive-level internal communications support for
senior leadership, including developing and implementing a strategy
for cascading leadership messages and establishing a consistent and
effective platform for communicating to global audiences throughout
- Critical involvement in sourcing and developing inspirational
stories using a variety of channels (articles, videos, etc.), and
disseminating them to inspire and engage employees about the future
of the business, the technology and its impact on customers and
- Partner with cross functions on change communication
initiatives, including developing business level messages, talking
points, FAQs and other materials to support change.
- Serve as a liaison with PR and creative agencies and support
issues management as needed.How will you get here?
- 7+ years dynamic experience in corporate communications,
internal communications or public relations.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
- A strong writer, editor and communicator with the ability to
build channel-specific content. Experience in social media
platforms, intranet content and other communication technologies
- Strong verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal and
- Combination of strategic and creative problem solver and
- Business knowledge and intellectual curiosity to learn about
business strategies, competitive landscape and scientific
- Team player, working toward the greater good of the
- Focused, detailed and organized and able to balance multiple
projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A storyteller with experience translating technical topics into
easy-to-understand and impactful content
- Open to feedback, flexibility and continuous improvement.
- Experience partnering with senior executives, developing
content in their voice and style.
- A curiosity about science or the life sciences is
- Bachelors degree in journalism or communications from an
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as
needed.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Sacramento , Senior Manager, Communications, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!