Project Manager II - Solar
Posted on: November 23, 2022
As a Project Manager II, you will manage and oversee all aspects of
a project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. You
will have overall responsibility for managing scope, cost,
schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors. While preparing
reports for upper management regarding status of project. You will
gain exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function
while occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
- Directs and manages project development from beginning to
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables to support
business goals in collaboration with senior management and
- Develops full-scale project plans and associated communications
- Communicates project expectations to team members and
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Estimates resources and participants needed to achieve project
- Develops employees to be self-sufficient in continuous
- Functions as leader for continuous improvement events.
- Aligns activities with corporate goals around safety, quality,
delivery and cost.
- Performs root-cause analysis on gaps, identifies waste, and
works with leadership to drive sustainable corrective action.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals, and recommends subsequent
- Negotiates with other department managers for acquisition of
- Determines and assesses need for additional staff or
consultants and makes appropriate staffing adjustments during
- Sets and manages project expectations with team members and
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to personnel.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within project
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements
documentation, and presentations.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential
concerns, and devises contingency plans.
- Manages changes in project scope, identifies potential
concerns, and devises contingency plans
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 years required, 5 years' experience preferred of directing
work in a large-scale project management capacity, including all
aspects of process development and execution
- Business and management principles, including strategic
planning, resource allocation, and production methods
- Proven ability to oversee people and processes to achieve
- Ability to build strong business relationships with other
functional areas to best support mutual objectives
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze workflow
and processes to provide excellent service to internal and external
- Interpersonal, conflict management, and negotiation skills
required, including strong human relations skills to supervise and
develop assigned employees effectively
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
In Colorado, New York City, California, and Washington, disclosure
of salary information for positions that can be performed in one of
these states is required. If the position applied to is not located
in one of the states listed herein, the following information may
not apply. The expected salary range for this role is $61,200 -
$97,900 but actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the
range based on various factors, including but not limited to
location, experience and performance. Wesco provides a variety of
benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage,
disability insurance, 401k Plan, and PaidTime Off.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and
affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate
against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion,
color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran
status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is
not limited to the following: recruitment and employment,
promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training
including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded FORTUNE
250 company, is a leading provider of business-to-business
distribution, logistics services and supply chain management
solutions. Pro forma 2019 annual sales were over $17 billion,
including Anixter International which it acquired in June 2020.
WESCO offers a best-in-class product and services portfolio of
Electrical and Electronic Solutions, Communications and Security
Solutions, and Utility and Broadband Solutions. The company employs
over 18,000 people, maintains relationships with over 30,000
suppliers, and serves more than 150,000 customers worldwide. With
nearly 1.5 million products, end-to-end supply chain services, and
leading digital capabilities, WESCO provides innovative solutions
to meet customer needs across commercial and industrial businesses,
contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications
providers, and utilities.
WESCO operates nearly 800 branch and warehouse locations in over 50
countries, providing a local presence for customers and a global
network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national
At WESCO, we build, connect, power, and protect the world. We have
the capabilities and expertise to deliver the latest technologies,
including: Industrial networking, Intelligent buildings, Cloud
computing, Alternative energy, Broadband communications, Critical
infrastructure protection, LED lighting retrofits, and Physical
Keywords: Wesco, Sacramento , Project Manager II - Solar, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!