Regional Operations Director, Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Organization:SMF-Sutter Med Foundation- CentralPosition
Overview:Provides overall administrative and clinical leadership of
inpatient and/or outpatient diagnostic imaging services that may
include radiography, fluoroscopy, mammography, ultrasound, computed
tomography, nuclear medicine and/or magnetic resonance imaging
services. Establishes and implements goals, standards and practices
that guide and support patient care initiatives while ensuring the
delivery of high-value quality care and exceptional care
experiences. Develops and fosters a solid partnership with
physicians, medical staff and Sutter Health leaders, care teams and
other employees to facilitate and collaborate on initiatives, to
resolve operational challenges and/or to improve processes. Works
with senior leadership to develop and establish short- and
long-term strategic plans that complement system, operating unit or
affiliate goals and initiatives, including business, operations,
and/or organizational priorities. Sets priorities and allocates
resources to align with business objectives and annual plan.
Develops and establishes the direction of policies and procedures,
and sets a structure for providing safe, consistent and effective
patient care. Establishes overall operating and capital budget with
input from management team, ensuring financial targets are achieved
and variances are addressed timely.Job Description:EDUCATION
Bachelor's degree in Health Care or Business Administration; or
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
ARRT - Radiography - American Register of Radiologic Technologists
in one or more modalities upon hire
- Experience extensive in clinical/healthcare management and/or
relevant operations, preferably in a large healthcare system.
- Experience in a progressively responsible professional imaging
technologist/specialist who demonstrates a thorough knowledge of
imaging procedures and/or techniques.
- Experience in budgeting and fiscal management.
- Experience working with physicians and medical staff
leadership, preferably in a large healthcare environment.
- Experience in survey protocols on a department and
organizational level (Joint Commission, State, etc).
- Experience with electronic health record applications.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with diagnostic
imaging operations in acute and non-acute settings.
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of
state/federal/local and/or accreditation standards and requirements
as it relates to operations and organization, with the ability to
interpret and implement applicable standards and requirements.
- Knowledge of emerging trends and regulatory changes, and how it
- Solid understanding of operations and workflows, and how the
department's process/workflow impacts other department
- Understands business and operational requirements,
demonstrating the ability to design and establish goals to meet
long and short-term objectives.
- Demonstrates credible leadership presence, with the ability to
respond to questions with logic, clarity, calmness, and authority;
and the ability to motivate and engage others.
- Ability to build and establish an effective working partnership
with employees, peers, and leaders to achieve business
- Collaboration skills to facilitate open sharing of information
and cooperation with various stakeholders.
- Ability to handle difficult circumstances and make sound
business decisions with little direction.
- Working knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing exceptional customer
service and responding to customer needs/requests in a prompt,
- Verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to
convey concepts and communicate information or issues in a manner
that is readily understood by management and employees.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver presentations
to a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of the budgetary process and the healthcare
- Demonstrates effectiveness in achieving goals through
individuals without having direct control of those resources.
- Delegates effectively, with the ability to manage and
prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with
changing business priorities.
- Demonstrates flexibility and is adaptable to change, and can
inspire others to welcome change.
- Demonstrates ability to work/interact with a diverse population
while respecting cultural and linguistic differences and fostering
an inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of Imaging operations in acute
and non-acute settings.
- Maintains current knowledge of technological advancements, and
labor-saving and cost-saving practices and equipment.
- Maintains current credentials in at least one or more imaging
modalities.License/Certifications:ARRT - Radiography - American
Register of Radiologic TechnologistsEducation:Bachelor's
(Required)Job Shift:DaysSchedule:Full TimeShift Hours:8Days of the
Week:Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, WednesdayWeekend
Hours:40Employee Status:RegularNumber of Openings:1Sutter Health
Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Keywords: Sutter Health, Sacramento , Regional Operations Director, Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!