Senior Manager, GPS Pricing
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Deloitte Federal Pricing and Estimating group is a highly
skilled team that leads and supports a high volume of complex price
proposals. The Senior Pricing Manager will lead multiple,
simultaneous Cost/Price proposals of all contract types and dollar
thresholds with an emphasis on large and complex opportunities.
Prepares and represents bid-specific information for internal
leadership reviews at all levels. Develops advanced pricing
strategy and tactics, advising Account Team and GPS Pricing Group
leadership. Provides pricing advice and counsel at all stages of
the proposal life cycle to include pre-RFP (RFI and Draft RFP
stages), active RFP and Final Proposal Revision (FPR). The Senior
Pricing Manager reviews, analyzes, deciphers and assesses
application of Government RFP / RFQ pricing requirements and
evaluation criteria, and provides strategic and competitive pricing
advice to account teams.
Position Responsibilities and Accountability:
The position will report to the Pricing Team Lead of the team
assigned. Position responsibilities may include the assessment and
assignment of workload to more junior team members and functioning
as an additional pricing advisor within the team. The position
requires the following characteristics related to responsibility
- Accountability for Results: Holds self-accountable for ensuring
that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results
without direct supervision; Takes action on items beyond formal job
responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent
interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create
as well as deliver effective presentations. Able to tailor
communications based on the audience to maximize effectiveness.
Maintains frequent communications with team and team lead.
- Creating Quality Deliverables: Establishes deliverable
structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and team to
ensure that they meet client RFP/RFQ/RFI expectations; Implements
and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Developing thought leadership / innovative ideas: Generates
innovative ideas that are sound and progressive; Challenges the
status quo; Fosters creativity throughout the proposal life
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline driven
environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self to provide
exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency,
practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Exhibits enthusiasm, positive professional attitude, integrity,
reliability, and leadership
by example, actively listens; Respects the opinions and
perspectives of others; Demonstrates strong personal commitment to
others; clearly states thoughts, ideas, and expectations
Specific Vocational Skills:
- Reviews and interprets RFP/RFQ documentation; identifies and
develops Government-directed questions based on the solicitation
that impact Pricing compliance and strategy.
- Narrative Content Developer for Cost/Price Proposals specific
to RFP/RFQ requirements
- Develops, communicates, and executes pricing and subcontracting
strategies within proposals.
- Performs proposal preparation, coordinates vendor quotes, and
participates in quality assurance reviews with minimum guidance
from Team Lead. Actively participates in proposal reviews with
- Responsible for promulgating and promoting compliance with
internal and external rules, regulations, and policies within team
and within cost/price proposals.
- Manages, mentors, and reviews work products of more junior
level pricing personnel.
- Operates in lead role for communication with other internal
organizations involved in the proposal process, such as Contracts
and Subcontracts Administration.
- Leads Pricing Volume content review prior to submission.
- Interacts with other internal compliance groups such as Legal,
Contracts, Subcontracts, and Procurements as necessary.
- Performs job-related duties such as special projects, analyses
or compliance initiatives.
A high degree of collaboration, communication, initiative, and
Federal Government Pricing acumen is expected and encouraged for
success in this role.
- Minimum 13 years in professional service in one of the
following disciplines (or combination thereof): pricing, program
control, financial analysis, market research, or consulting focused
on providing business strategies, competitive intelligence, or
market research within the Federal marketplace.
- Proficiency with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DFARs
Estimating System Protocols, Cost Based Proposal Pricing and TINA
- At least 10 years of direct Federal Government Pricing
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office applications with a strong
focus on Excel modeling for analysis and data presentation, and
PowerPoint for developing effective presentations.
- Bachelor degree is required, preferably in Accounting, Finance,
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the
- Deep understanding of and experience with the proposal life
cycle and all contract types including fixed-price, cost,
T&M/FPLH, GSA Schedules, BPA/IDIQs and commercial
- Understanding of and experience with solicitation pricing
requirements, evaluation criteria, and situation-specific pricing
- Knowledgeable of Cost Accounting Standards, business system
rules (Accounting - Estimating - Purchasing) and Federal
- Ability to identify, interpret and apply many commonly used
regulations with ability to explain their relevancy and
applicability to proposals, pricing, and pricing strategy.
- Negotiation experience with Government Clients relative to
explaining/justifying pricing and basis of estimate related
The ideal candidate will have solid Federal Government Contracting
and Pricing skills, is innovative and creative when preparing
proposal responses, and able to work both independently while
assisting other team members. The candidate should also have
excellent communication skills - specifically, the ability to
effectively communicate and demonstrate complicated pricing and
procurement concepts to others who may not have a solid grasp of
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the
current range is $115,030 to $211,850.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual
incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program,
whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including,
without limitation, individual and organizational performance
Keywords: Deloitte, Sacramento , Senior Manager, GPS Pricing, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!