Special Projects Manager
Company: Downtown Sacramento Partnership
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Please note: This position is not currently available for remote
work and is primarily on-site.
About Us:As a private, not-for-profit organization, Downtown
Sacramento Partnership is dedicated to the mission of building
value in Sacramento's urban core. Since 1995, we have served as the
collective voice for property owners, businesses, employees and
residents located within the 66-block Property-Based Improvement
District (PBID) we manage.
As a part of our Dynamic, Supportive and Passionate team, you help
us make a visible difference for our community. We are a
collaborative team who embraces change and takes pride in the
success of our downtown. The dedicated group of people that make up
our organization are welcoming, innovative, inclusive and
resilient. We move downtown forward. We build value downtown. We
LOVE our downtown.
We strive every day to embody the principles and values that
accelerate our progress together. Our Core Values...Dynamic: -We
embrace change and strive to develop innovative
solutions.Supportive: -We empower our team and seek diverse
perspectives through collaborationPassionate: -We are dedicated to
improving value downtown and have fun doing it.
About the Position:This position reports to the Economic
Development Director and is responsible for overseeing the
permitting, contract management, implementation and ongoing
performance of capital improvement and placemaking projects in
Downtown Sacramento. The Special Projects Manager coordinates
economic development and placemaking efforts integrating research
programs and cultivates relationships with public and private
partners to build value downtown.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to: -Management of
Placemaking, Capital Improvements & Special Projects - - - - - -
-Serve as primary manager of key capital improvement projects
throughout Downtown and Old Sacramento Waterfront including, but
not limited to, lighting enhancements and installations, removable
street bollards, placemaking and environmental enhancement
projects. - - - - - - -Placemaking, product and technology
research, reporting and recommendations -Administrative
Coordination and Management of Project Operations - - - - - -
-Issuing and oversight of competitive RFP processes - - - - - -
-Vendor and contract management - - - - - - -Management of invoice
reimbursement process and accounting interface, where applicable -
- - - - - -Ensure the longevity and functionality of projects and
associated infrastructure - - - - - - -Management of street banner
program -Grant Management, Fund Development and Sponsorships
- Identify and research sponsorship and grant funding
- Draft and track grant applications and sponsorship
- Coordination of assigned sponsor relationships
- Management of various sponsor and grant deliverables
- Coordinate with relevant staff and keep them informed about
upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth
completion of work responsibilities
- Prepare and monitor budgets -REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for downtown Sacramento.
- Self-motivated and highly-adaptable team player with a
creative, solution-oriented approach to projects
- Experience in working with government, member services,
stakeholders, economic development, and/or real estate
- Strong written and verbal communications skill set.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent communications,
public speaking and interpersonal skills including the ability to
build relationships and support among various stakeholders.
- Experience with coalition-building, including the ability to
motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ability to think outside the box
in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling many assignments
- Experience with staff and vendor management.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- College degree preferred
- Competitive salary, -$62,500 and commensurate with
- Full-time exempt position.
- Bonus eligibility.
- Generous paid time off.
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, life and identity
- 401k retirement plan with employer matching.
- Paid parking, on-site fitness center access, partial cellphone
Downtown Sacramento Partnership -is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status,
sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as
an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally
Keywords: Downtown Sacramento Partnership, Sacramento , Special Projects Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!