Program Manager Servicing Operations
Company: Golden 1 Credit Union
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Our headquarters in Sacramento contains the core functions that
support our mission to deliver financial solutions with value,
convenience and exceptional service to our members. JOB TITLE:
Deposit Account Servicing Program ManagerDEPARTMENT: Department
Account ServicingSTATUS: ExemptJOB CODE: 4437 GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for identifying workflow deficiencies across the
department business units and work closely with credit union
personnel and business partners to reduce complexity, enhance
automation and accelerate processes. Will manage changes and
systematic enhancements to improve work processes. Develop and
maintain workforce capacity models. Participate in multiple
projects simultaneously and provide updates and recommendations
that include timelines, high level project overview which includes
how the change impacts the department/organization. Create, review,
update and validate department procedures and workflows with
operational improvements. Assist with the maintaining of
satisfactory audits and examinations. - - TASKS, DUTIES,
- Seeks out process improvement opportunities identified through
a variety of sources- including committees, business owners,
project teams, and proactive discovery.
- Review, analyze and create detailed documentation of business
unit needs, including workflow, program functions, and
- Develop capacity models to understand operational efficiencies
and potential staffing issues
- Prepare and improve daily/monthly reporting for use by Senior
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
other departments and third party service providers as needed to
develop process improvements. -
- Leveraging data, documenting and communicating unresolved
defects so they may be appropriately prioritized for future
resolution and escalate potential issues that may affect system
- Recommend business level changes in reaction to findings
including identification of best business practices and solutions
offered industry wide.
- Drive new cross functional initiatives to meet credit union
goals and make sound decisions in the absence of detailed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and
regulations related to credit union compliance including bank
secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the
- Leads cross departmental projects and coordinates processes as
- Works directly with appropriate personnel to understand the
process which will result in proof of concept.
- Guides projects from original concept to final implementation,
while developing schedules, plans, and specifications for time and
- Collaborates with business owners to evaluate processes and to
define and prioritize opportunities to streamline process,
practices, and procedures to ensure service improvement
- Create and maintain project schedules, monitor milestone
completion, provide timely reporting of impacting issues,
coordinating actions, resolving conflicts, documenting,
prioritizing and tracking (changes, enhancements, etc.), and
coordinating with the Change Control Board when impacted.
- Perform research for new products, services, and equipment
related to the business unit needs. - Also perform business surveys
and analyze products, trends, and existing issues in the industry.
- Assist with the testing and validation of system
- Maintain confidentiality of documentation and communication to
and from management.
- Perform other functions/duties or special requests assigned.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE
PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess sharp
attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills required to
interact with credit union staff and management and complete
technical analysis -
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of technical and
non-technical audiences, internally and externally, through both
written and verbal communication in technical and business terms as
- Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate
a personal computer and other standard office equipment, such as
multi-purpose copier and telephone.
- Ability to work closely with peers and build strong
partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Effective analytical skills are required to prepare
recommendations, perform analysis and accomplish other functions as
- Make sound decisions in the absence of detailed
- Must have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines. ORGANIZATIONAL
CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
- INTERNAL: -All levels of staff and management.
- EXTERNAL: -Members, vendors, government agencies, other
industry associations and other financial institutions.
- EDUCATION: A four year college degree from an accredited
college or university is required. - Equivalent work experience may
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years or more in project research,
analysis, test planning and reporting within a financial
institution. Project management certification preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including
presenting to groups and preparing detailed reports for senior
- High level of dependability, self-motivation, and sense of
urgency to meet deadlines.
- Well versed in reporting on Operational KPI's for example:
Transaction Volumes, Quality, Service Levels, Productivity and Unit
- Experience in data queries using SQL and/or SAS to summarize
and aggregate results
- Ability to execute commonly used financial industry concepts
- Demonstrated ability to working a fast-paced, ambiguous
environment while prioritizing and managing multiple
- Ability to lead a team for projects.
- Enthusiasm and interest in operational improvement, and driving
organizational change to create a more secure financial
- Strong sense of ethics and professionalism.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills required.
- Ability to positively communicate suggested solutions and
- Ability to keep and maintain confidential information PHYSICAL
- Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional
- Corrected vision within the normal range.
- Hearing within normal range. - A device to enhance hearing will
be provided if needed.
- Occasional movements throughout the department daily to
interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
- Prolonged use of telephone to accomplish tasks.
- Prolonged operation of a personal computer, which includes
typing, operating a mouse and reading information on a
- Occasional travel may be required locally, statewide and
throughout the United States. Overnight travel may be necessary.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: We appreciate your interest in joining the
Golden 1 team! If you are selected to participate in the interview
process we will contact you. - -
Keywords: Golden 1 Credit Union, Sacramento , Program Manager Servicing Operations, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!