Posted on: January 16, 2022
If you're an experienced membership program professional who
wants to grow an engaged and committed group of nonprofit news
supporters using a creative and metrics-driven approach, we want to
talk with you.
CalMatters seeks a Membership Manager to lead our high-growth,
small-dollar fundraising program and build a mid-level giving
program for donors who have the capacity to give more.
The successful candidate will be a goal-oriented self-starter with
a creative bent who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment.
Ideally, you're an avid news consumer, you understand how to
effectively use data and metrics to make sound decisions, and
you're an exceptional writer.
Your duties include:
- Respond to member inquiries and requests promptly.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy across all platforms and a
variety of tactics to solicit new members from our audience.
- Update the welcome and renewal email series as needed.
- Work with the product team to ensure the website is maximizing
- Work with the product team to analyze data and identify the
most effective and efficient donor acquisition strategies.
- Track renewal rates and adjust the strategy as needed.
- Contact donors directly to thank them for their support and
encourage their renewal. Serve as member support or concierge to
build a relationship with donors.
- Work across the organization to keep donation opportunities
featured and visible everywhere possible. Maximize membership rates
across all audiences.
- Develop a strategy to grow the newsletter audience and
implement the strategy.
- Develop membership incentive programs and perks such as member
events and swag campaigns to encourage acquisitions and
- Assist with the development and implementation of a mid-level
donor program that targets members who have the capacity to give
- Assist with development department materials, events, and
mailings as needed.
Performance will be evaluated on the ability to meet revenue goals,
newsletter growth targets, percentage of donors who are recurring
vs one-time donors, and the number of donors who renew and increase
their giving year-on-year.
- The successful candidate will have 3 to 5 years of experience
building and leading a membership program at a nonprofit
- Creative self-starter.
- Comfortable analyzing data to assist with decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress and HTML experience
- Comfortable working in a team environment as well as
We're committed to building a diverse team that reflects the
Californians we serve, and we especially encourage members of
underrepresented communities to apply. We're based in Sacramento,
but this can be a remote position for an experienced candidate.
Please apply by January 21.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: CalMatters, Sacramento , Membership Manager, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!