Manager, Maintenance Facilities
Company: Constellation Brands
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition SummaryDo you have a passion for leading
a team? Are you known as the go-to person for Maintenance
Management? If so, keep reading! As the Maintenance Manager you
will lead the Maintenance leadership team and focus on capital
projects, driving Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), implementation
of new maintenance processes, and reliability strategy development.
This role will create and promote an inclusive and innovative team
environment. You will manage the team on technical best practices
and establish standard policies and procedures while also mentoring
and leading the department. The Maintenance Manager reports to the
Director of Maintenance.ResponsibilitiesPeople Management
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team
that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice
results, added value, technical expertise and continuous
- Set department objectives/Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and
review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Guide staff in assessing, prioritizing and correcting
refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic
- Collaborate with maintenance team to ensure business metrics
are accomplished in a timely manner, report on progress and
identify any actions required.
- Identify and deploy technical skill sets, resource levels and
systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external
resources as required.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and
record on appropriate management systems.
- Promote a culture of trust, safety and respect.Maintenance
- Manage maintenance team to ensure optimal machine availability,
managing equipment failures and lead to deliver effectively.
- Optimize equipment according to reliability best practices,
enhancing performance and product quality, ensuring the achievement
of determined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and manage an annual departmental budget, including
labor, outside contractors, parts and materials, appropriate
inventory, utilities, etc.
- Build strategic working relationships with peers, vendors, and
regulatory agencies in achieving and maintaining the accuracy and
consistent flow of information, execution of procedures, and
performance of overall operations.
- Ensure that designated buildings, plant, equipment and
facilities are fit for purpose and to provide proactive support and
solutions when required.
- Establish and maintain procedures and guidelines for ISO,
RMP/PSM, HazMat, and other programs and certifications. Audit and
ensure compliance of the maintenance and engineering data
- Serve as Emergency Coordinator/Incident Commander, if
needed.Business Reliability Strategy
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice
maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to
aid and improve operational performance in alignment with
Engineering Services team.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review
and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities.
- Develop effective precision, predictive/preventative
maintenance strategy to drive reliability best practices.
- Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the
- Establish and maintain a maintenance inventory management
process.Project Execution, Contractor/Vendor Management
- Participates in capital project planning. Maintainability
design, Cost estimation, and payback justification.
- Manage the process of the introduction of new equipment, plant
and equipment from drawing up to specification, to managing
suppliers through to full installation in collaboration with all
- Manage the process of disposal of obsolete machinery, plant and
equipment from gaining agreement to write off to physically
removing it and its safe and lawful disposal.
- Interact with vendors to exploit technology, purchase equipment
and services and resolve long term equipment, training and process
- Assist and provides recommendation on selection of contracting
and vendors and supports vendor/contract management.Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology, Engineering,
Business or related field or Equivalent work experience of 8+
- 5 + years of Maintenance leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems using
formal techniques and failures.
- Experience with CMMS system.
- Experience in Manufacturing, food processing, or related
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and refrigeration
and utilities processes and equipment.
- Compliance experience with Cal-OSHA, EPA, PSM and other
- 2+ years of Food & Beverage experience.
- Certified Reliability Maintenance Professional (CMRP)
- Experience using reliability maintenance centered techniques,
root cause analysis, LEAN Six Sigma to create a proactive work
environment that is focused on continuous improvement at the best
cost.Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and
work on a computer for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Lifting may be required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work
- Works outdoors/indoors
- Works in warm/cold climates
- Works in high places
- Works on wet surfaces
- Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
- Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Primary office environment may be production/distribution
settingLocationAcampo, CaliforniaAdditional LocationsJob TypeFull
timeJob AreaOperations and ProductionEqual OpportunityConstellation
Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment
opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with
Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age,
religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or
citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical
condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status,
gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial
status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other
group or category within the framework of the applicable
discrimination laws and regulations).
Keywords: Constellation Brands, Sacramento , Manager, Maintenance Facilities, Executive , Acampo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!