Chief Operating Officer
Posted on: November 19, 2021
As the Chief Operating Officer, you---ll report to the CEO and
implement strategies developed by the leadership team to achieve
both short and long term organizational goals. This role is both
highly strategic and requires a combination of analytical,
organizational and communications skills to build trust with a
highly diverse group of people, and comfort weighing and executing
against competing priorities. This position will be fully
remote.--What You---ll Do:--
- Work closely with the leadership team and other stakeholders to
design operational strategies, and manage the team members who are
tasked with carrying them out.
- Set challenging and realistic organizational performance goals,
and translate them into departmental and employee goals so that all
functions and people are pulling in the same direction and can see
how their work contributes to Company---s success.
- Create effective performance measurement tools.
- Prepare reports for the CEO and board to demonstrate progress
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance and
Operations to ensure all programs have the proper operational
support to operate effectively and efficiently, and achieve
favorable financial results.----
- Cultivate and provide opportunities for rising talent within
- Develop and support a healthy, productive, and caring
employment environment and a cohesive organizational culture that
embraces a diverse mix of collaborators including consultants and
full time employees.What we hope you---ll bring:--
- Advanced knowledge of nonprofit business operations.--
- At least seven years--- experience as a COO, Managing Director
or other relevant senior executive position preferably in a
- Experience designing and delivering practices, policies and
procedures that allow organizations to excel at their mission.
- Experience building and managing teams.
- Experience overseeing multiple major parts of an
organization---s business such as enterprise wide policies and
procedures, human resources, finance and accounting, marketing, and
- Demonstrated ability and desire to coach. Can--step out of
doing day-to-day, hands-on directing and leading of a business, and
direct and teach and coach others.
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication
- Have a strong learning orientation --- the ability to learn
from mistakes, the desire to continuously improve and grow, and the
capacity to foster this with staff across the organization.
- Skilled team leader and adept at building interpersonal
relationships, especially in remote-only work environments.
- Can execute effectively and flexibly during fast-paced election
cycles and balance multiple, time-sensitive priorities.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Sacramento , Chief Operating Officer, Executive , Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!